Montreal vs Philadelphia 7:00pm

Guest Stogey24

The team has given up 3 short handed goals against this season. (only 10 teams have given up less).

The PP Save % is an INCREDIBLY small sample size.  Its less than 30 shots, and have to remember that if the other team is getting a short handed chance, many times its a breakaway or a 2 on 1.  So I don't think that number means anything at all. 

On the other hand, The SH Save% is an issue and it shows the breakdowns that the team has had killing penalties and the type of chances they are giving up. 

Guest Stogey24
12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

There's just something about Philly this season.  Their season low in shots going into tonight was 17 (vs Philly).  Tonight, they got 16.

On the plus side, Shaw got benched after his dumb penalty.  It's nice to see him finally get disciplined for his lack of discipline.

I usually love the grinders, but Shaw takes SO many stupid ass penalties. 

He was brought in to bring energy, yet he's doing the exact opposite. 

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I usually love the grinders, but Shaw takes SO many stupid ass penalties. 

He was brought in to bring energy, yet he's doing the exact opposite. 

Was nice to see him benched after that selfish one.

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The team has given up 3 short handed goals against this season. (only 10 teams have given up less).

The PP Save % is an INCREDIBLY small sample size.  Its less than 30 shots, and have to remember that if the other team is getting a short handed chance, many times its a breakaway or a 2 on 1.  So I don't think that number means anything at all. 

On the other hand, The SH Save% is an issue and it shows the breakdowns that the team has had killing penalties and the type of chances they are giving up. 

Don't know relevance but over 1/2 way into season, compared to other goalies Price's special team stats suck.

Im saying that PP save percentage is meaningless.  No goalie in the nhl faces enough shots to have it mean anything.

Its like declaring the best goalie in the nhl based solely on how they play in one game.

Your save percentage is based on less than 30 shots meaning its too small a sample to draw conclusions from.

Now pk save % that is a legitimate problem.  The issue is mainly due to the fact our pk sucks and gives up too many good chances.