McCarron and Carr Called Up: De La Rose Sent Down

Commandant

Guest Stogey24
3 hours ago, DON said:

Desharnais would help the team most as a pressbox cheerleader. Hopefully the call ups bump him out of roster.:huh:

If anyone said that ^ 6 months ago, you would have been spitting fire 

It'll be interesting to see if McCarron in particular plays tomorrow.  Remember, he's one of the pieces Arizona supposedly wants in a Hanzal trade.  I hope they put Carr into a scoring role, he was lighting it up with the IceCaps - they may as well play him as a scorer and see if it will carry over for a game or two.

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

If anyone said that ^ 6 months ago, you would have been spitting fire 

When he worked hard and was put in 3rd line role, he was a positive; but now we seem to have better younger options...that will most likely be back next year whereas Desharnais  wont be.

15 hours ago, DON said:

When he worked hard and was put in 3rd line role, he was a positive; but now we seem to have better younger options...that will most likely be back next year whereas Desharnais  wont be.

Yeah, if DD is not generating offence then he is completely worthless. And he has not generated meaningful offence for a season and a half. In fairness, I *would* give him a bit of a chance to get his timing back after an extended absence (the same thing that should be given to Galchenyuk). But I emphasize "a BIT of a chance." He has been too useless for too long to warrant more than a few games.

DD has none of the size, strength, or speed to be effective against the youth of today's NHL.

End of story.

I would rather see De LaRose on the 4th line, can't score but plays an excellent 2 way game, and a heavy one at that, might surprise in a playoff game, DD won't surprise anyone.

1 hour ago, KoRP said:

DD has none of the size, strength, or speed to be effective against the youth of today's NHL.

End of story.

I would rather see De LaRose on the 4th line, can't score but plays an excellent 2 way game, and a heavy one at that, might surprise in a playoff game, DD won't surprise anyone.

Oh I don't know, I heard a rumor that he surprises Le Genius quite often after midnight.:rofl:

55 minutes ago, Commandant said:

McCarron and Carr will play, Desharnais and Flynn will sit

On the backend, Pateryn replaces Nesterov. 

Good, other than sitting Flynn but team has sucked bad, so change em up. Not overly impressed with Nesterov so far, so glad to see Pateryn draw back in.

Anyone wondering of Petry will again be Markov's partner?

Markov is gone to Russia because of ex's death, so will Nesterov play tonight?

38 minutes ago, KoRP said:

Anyone wondering of Petry will again be Markov's partner?

Markov is gone to Russia because of ex's death, so will Nesterov play tonight?

Markov isn't leaving for Russia til after Sunday's game. 

His ex died a little while ago (while he was out injured).  When he started missing practices at the end and we all thought it was cause he had a setback, that was her death and he went to russia the first time... and why his return was delayed from the "day-to-day" of his injury. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Sitting 4th liners and #6 defense men isn't sending a message, 

A lot of players have been bad, Flynn included

OK, well last game Price, Galchenyuk, Petry, Beaulieu all played poorly, which ones should sit, to send a message?

De La Rose is a hell of a penalty killer, shame about his offensive game though.  He'll be a valuable injury replacement if it comes to that, and I wouldn't be surprised if Therrien preferred him in the playoffs over Andrighetto because of his solid defensive play.

As for DD, I don't think he's a viable fourth liner, and he may have been surpassed by everyone in the top 9.  

10 hours ago, Neech said:

De La Rose is a hell of a penalty killer, shame about his offensive game though.  He'll be a valuable injury replacement if it comes to that, and I wouldn't be surprised if Therrien preferred him in the playoffs over Andrighetto because of his solid defensive play.

As for DD, I don't think he's a viable fourth liner, and he may have been surpassed by everyone in the top 9.  

I thought both Carr and McCarron played fine in Arizona and Habs put up some offense with Desharnais in pressbox, so didn't seem to miss him at all.

I pray I have seen the last of DD...McCarron/Carr/Ghetto/ANYONE is a better lineup choice at this point.  Let Davey eat hotdogs and soak up the last days of his tenure in MTL from the pressbox.