Has Therrien's time come??

REV-G

So we're past the half way point of the season. Last year our epic collapse is in the books. Everyone seemed to feel that if Montreal got off to a bad start to the season MT would be on a short lease and a coaching change might be coming. But we got off to a very hot start.

But now after here we are after 55 games, with 27 games remaining we have won just 3 out of their last 10. 

I guess the questions MB has to answer is:

- is this a mid season funk or if we combine all of last season and this season together, has this team played below the expectations?

- with the talent we have should we doing better?? I think yes! 

- does the problem lie with the coach and his system? 

- is it time to make a coaching change....Claude Julien....if Boston would even give permission for Montreal to talk to him?? 

My guess is that MB gives MT at least another two weeks. But if we haven't pulled out of this...it may be time!! 

What do you think? 

I think Bergevin will think that he owes Therrien a trade or two to shake things up to see how he fares with some different faces in the lineup before even entertaining the idea of a coaching change.  I say this a lot when this comes up - Sylvain Lefebvre is still coaching despite a losing record year after year and there's no indication he's getting turfed anytime soon.  If he has that much patience with a coach that only loses, he's bound to have plenty of patience for a coach that has had some success in Therrien.

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think Bergevin will think that he owes Therrien a trade or two to shake things up to see how he fares with some different faces in the lineup before even entertaining the idea of a coaching change.  I say this a lot when this comes up - Sylvain Lefebvre is still coaching despite a losing record year after year and there's no indication he's getting turfed anytime soon.  If he has that much patience with a coach that only loses, he's bound to have plenty of patience for a coach that has had some success in Therrien.

Sly has got the boys in position to miss another playoff year which makes it five/six years in a row. I seriously doubt that Sly will be around to coach the new Rockets. Shame on all of them, if that comes to fruition.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Its a first place team in a minor slump. 

This is an important point that people with pitchforks should consider. How often does any other fan base cry to fire the coach of a first place team? If the slump continues into the next month or so and suddenly they are fighting for a playoff spot, then yes perhaps a coaching change could be an option. 

2 hours ago, BlueKross said:

Sly has got the boys in position to miss another playoff year which makes it five/six years in a row. I seriously doubt that Sly will be around to coach the new Rockets. Shame on all of them, if that comes to fruition.

Bergevin already indicated that the IceCaps coaches are likely to return next season.  They might actually sneak into the playoffs this year though thanks to a laughably pathetic division and the rule that eliminated the crossover.

21 minutes ago, illWill said:

This is an important point that people with pitchforks should consider. How often does any other fan base cry to fire the coach of a first place team? If the slump continues into the next month or so and suddenly they are fighting for a playoff spot, then yes perhaps a coaching change could be an option. 

Agreed, if this continues long term things change.  I don't think it will... I do think Therrien is in trouble if we lose in the first round though. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm with dlbalr...The Genius ain't going anywhere. Kinda like his team, har har 

I think we were fused to Therrien, the moment we traded 76 for 6.

Out goes the star he couldn't handle - in comes the star who will tow the line.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Agreed, if this continues long term things change.  I don't think it will... I do think Therrien is in trouble if we lose in the first round though. 

He SHOULD be in trouble if that happens. Whether he will be is another question.