Feb. 9, Habs vs Coyotes, 9 PM

dlbalr

When Price is off...he can look really awful.  that same calm effortless style that makes him such a joy to watch when he's on his game - works against him when he's not playing well.  I also wonder about his relationship with MT...*nagging thought that those two don't care for each other much

1 hour ago, illWill said:

zyJYS0A.jpg

Well well well, looks like the Coyotes first goal was offside. How come I noticed that but nobody else did? 

Note: I didn't see the goal happen in real time, only caught the replay later in the second period 

You are allowed to go offside if you have control of the puck.

7 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Yep. No offside on this play.

But man...  The Price is wrong right now.

8 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

First I've ever heard of that rule. Seems to be a gray area of what constitutes control because players put themselves offside all the time 

• Upvote 1

I do not believe for one second that Price has 'checked out.' He is a champion with all the pride and desire that go with that. I speculate one of the following:

1. His wife had a baby. He is distracted or, more likely, more exhausted than usual and the fatigue is slowing his reaction time. This is more plausible than many people would think, I suspect.

2. He is injured. This is all too probable given his history.

3. His mechanics are simply off and due to the ridiculous schedule, he hasn't had the proper time to make the needed technical adjustments.

I'll say this. This franchise cannot afford to sacrifice another season due to Price. He HAS to get back to his 'A' game by the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I do not believe for one second that Price has 'checked out.' He is a champion with all the pride and desire that go with that. I speculate one of the following:

1. His wife had a baby. He is distracted or, more likely, more exhausted than usual and the fatigue is slowing his reaction time. This is more plausible than many people would think, I suspect.

2. He is injured. This is all too probable given his history.

3. His mechanics are simply off and due to the ridiculous schedule, he hasn't had the proper time to make the needed technical adjustments.

I'll say this. This franchise cannot afford to sacrifice another season due to Price. He HAS to get back to his 'A' game by the playoffs.

I was also thinking last night Price got ran over again with only Weber showing he wasn't happy but the ref was all over him. I felt after that Price was worried about the danger of it happening again and no one doing anything about it(refs or teammates) especially that third goal. Luckily Weber took his man and stopped it but you could see Price was posturing for it which stopped him from making the play on the puck.

It doesn't excuse his poor play but it might be a reason he was off last night.

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

Pacioretty played one of his best games.

Price played one of his worst. 

And Thats Why you Keep Chucky. 

Galchenyuk had another bad game overall I thought, but gets GWG so not all bad.

But, what idiot would even think of trading Galchenyuk?:huh:

11 hours ago, Neech said:

Big win, fun game!  Pretty good effort from the team overall, Carey did his impression of a Leafs goalie, but we still got the two points after an exciting OT.  Radu a monster again.  I liked the OT deployment except for Pleks, although he managed to acquit himself well by making a nice pass and leaving the ice.  

I'm a tad worried about Carey's psychology as well.  He's behaved very differently this season from previously in his career.  He has a lot more of the spotlight with PK gone, and he's been talked up since 2014 to the point where he's probably over-rated.  Certainly not in the Vezina discussion this year without a huge finish.

He is just saving his 'A' game for when it matters.:youpi:

2 hours ago, illWill said:

First I've ever heard of that rule. Seems to be a gray area of what constitutes control because players put themselves offside all the time 

It doesn't happen often but that doesn't mean it's against the rules. If you have control of the puck you can ride the line back and forth if you want. The offside rule is to prevent players from crossing into the zone without the puck early, not preventing a player from carrying the puck in themselves.

Price is now 9-0-0 vs Coyotes.

...is this the year Pacioretty gets 40 goals? On pace for 39.5, but likely gonna depend how long his next cold streak lasts, he has jumped to 15th in points with 48.

...Radulov up to 42pts.

Markov & Petry looked good together

1 hour ago, DON said:

Markov & Petry looked good together

I thought so too Don, for the most part anyway, better than most nights with Petry and Beaulieu as a pair at least.

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

If Pacioretty had a little better hands, he'd be one of the best players in the game. He's cranked his compete level up this year. 

Ahh, still see him coasting on some backchecks and then coming up 1/2 step short on his man. But, aint complaining and just saying.

He does have quite nice release and shot, so dosent have hands like Mitchell, Flynn or de la Rose that is for sure.

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

It doesn't happen often but that doesn't mean it's against the rules. If you have control of the puck you can ride the line back and forth if you want. The offside rule is to prevent players from crossing into the zone without the puck early, not preventing a player from carrying the puck in themselves.

You cant ride the line back and forth cause your teammates would be offside.