Feb. 10/11, St. John's vs Lehigh Valley, 7 PM

dlbalr

St. John's road trip comes to an end over the next couple of days as the IceCaps (22-20-5-1) are in Lehigh Valley for a pair of games against the Phantoms (31-13-2), who sit second overall in the AHL.  Fortunately for St. John's, Lehigh Valley's top scorer just got recalled a few hours ago which is a nice break (but they still have a way more impressive lineup...).

15stj_500.gif

Hudon - Terry - Scherbak

Matteau - de la Rose - Friberg

Veilleux - Audette - Farnham

Broll - MacMillan - Gregoire

Hanley - Redmond

Brouillette - Lernout

Parisi - Johnston

Danis

14lv_500.gif

Carey - Miele - Conner

Knight - Laughton - Zengerle

Martel - Gordon - Aube-Kubel

Fazleev - McCarthy - Bardreau

Hagg - Brennan

Morin - Sanheim

O'Neill - Alt

Stolarz

Puck drop is at 7:05 PM EST for both games.  AM 930 has the call.

You want to talk about players playing well... thats one thing.

You take a potshot at their off-ice behaviour without proof or a legitimate source (and no your cousin's best friend's mom is not a source), I find disrespectful.  These are people too.

If he gets a DUI, or gets arrested or something that would be different.  But saying a player is a booze hound with no proof is slander/libel to me. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

You want to talk about players playing well... thats one thing.

You take a potshot at their off-ice behaviour without proof or a legitimate source (and no your cousin's best friend's mom is not a source), I find disrespectful.  These are people too.

If he gets a DUI, or gets arrested or something that would be different.  But saying a player is a booze hound with no proof is slander/libel to me. 

Boooo. Over the top reaction to a pretty harmless comment for sure.

(What next, cant call someone an Idiot, even in jest...unless have proof his IQ dosent measure up to norm?)

57 minutes ago, DON said:

Boooo. Over the top reaction to a pretty harmless comment for sure.

(What next, cant call someone an Idiot, even in jest...unless have proof his IQ dosent measure up to norm?)

I gave him a -1 and he wanted to know why..... its an imaginary internet point that means nothing.  Not sure why thats "over the top"

But I do think that implying that the reason a player isn't called up is because he's an alcoholic is a little more than calling someone an idiot. 

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I gave him a -1 and he wanted to know why..... its an imaginary internet point that means nothing.  Not sure why thats "over the top"

But I do think that implying that the reason a player isn't called up is because he's an alcoholic is a little more than calling someone an idiot. 

I was referencing an interview with John Scott(you were close on the mother's cousin bullshit though:thumbs_up:). He said Hudon and some of the boys on the team like to get into beers after games. Scott was also saying he just liked to have a couple and couldn't keep up with the young guys. 

Of course your grumpy ass would take it that literal though.