Feb. 11, Blues vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

You can't teach offense. 

Must be why we are sadly lacking it. Somebody has got to motivate these peckerheads to play 60 minute games. They have lots of talent, and I thought we imported "leadership" but they continue to play like a bottom feeder instead of the elite team we think they are.

6 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Must be why we are sadly lacking it. Somebody has got to motivate these peckerheads to play 60 minute games. They have lots of talent, and I thought we imported "leadership" but they continue to play like a bottom feeder instead of the elite team we think they are.

Well, as you may know, I've been skeptical all along about this supposed infusion of "leadership." That this season has mirrored the basic pattern of last year (strong start, mediocre middle - I predict a strong final push this season, unlike last year) reveal the fallacy of thinking our problems last season had any connection to "leadership and character" at all. But in any case, I actually agree that the team's talent level is more than adequate to be a strong team; we may not have a stacked FW unit, and the lack of a 2nd-line C will prove fatal to any Cup run if it's not fixed, but for the first time in forever we have three bona-fide first-line players and real, quality bottom-6 depth. Our problems last year, and the milder form of them this year, boil down to one word: goaltending.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

DD could be waived and i don't think anyone would pick him up. 

Pleks might get ( 2) 2nd rounders

Then you have cleared 9 mill off the books, then upgrade wherever, C, LW or D

I'm not sure you could 2 second rounders for Pleky?

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, as you may know, I've been skeptical all along about this supposed infusion of "leadership." That this season has mirrored the basic pattern of last year (strong start, mediocre middle - I predict a strong final push this season, unlike last year) reveal the fallacy of thinking our problems last season had any connection to "leadership and character" at all. But in any case, I actually agree that the team's talent level is more than adequate to be a strong team; we may not have a stacked FW unit, and the lack of a 2nd-line C will prove fatal to any Cup run if it's not fixed, but for the first time in forever we have three bona-fide first-line players and real, quality bottom-6 depth. Our problems last year, and the milder form of them this year, boil down to one word: goaltending.

If I only had leadership and character as part of my makeup.. I'm sure I could recognize it! And makeup is over rated too. ! Just thought I should contribute something meaningful to the discussion... :B)