Habs vs Bruins Feb 12 7:00 EST

DON

As Phil Esposito once said, I am really, really disappointed. Terrible defensive effort for 40 minutes from a team that is supposed to be exemplary in that respect. The bye week cannot come soon enough, and I hope these slobs get an earful everywhere they go for the whole damned week. :angry:

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

As Phil Esposito once said, I am really, really disappointed. Terrible defensive effort for 40 minutes from a team that is supposed to be exemplary in that respect. The bye week cannot come soon enough, and I hope these slobs get an earful everywhere they go for the whole damned week. :angry:

The only one who needs an earful is MT. This guy has more lives then a cat. Anyone notice every year around this time the team seems to slide.

Alright, no more good feelings coming from me. The slump is strong with this team. Habs usually play the Bruins well so I didn't even feel as though it was a bold statement...

They played well for about twelve minutes. After that 5v3 and the second goal from Boston, the writing was on the wall. The Bruins are getting the customary 3-5 game boost after firing a coach. Good for them.

As for the Habs-this is a team headed in the wrong direction. There's no creativity, no side to movement on offense or the PP WHATSOEVER, and the defense is even worse.

Why Phillip Danault is on the first line, I don't know. He helped the team get over some injuries. Breathing room, but he has no place on a top line.

I agree he has lost the room. Claude waiting in the wings??

Julian is the same type of coach, heavy on defense and structure, very demanding. Which I'm ok with but the roster clearly can't play that style for long periods of time, too small, soft and slow on the back end. 

Gallant is a different style, Mueller didn't do well in Carolina, 

They need to get rid rid of some players, can't always blame the coach

Has he lost the room?  I have no idea... I'm not in the room and I can't tell you what the players think about him.

Bergevin met with Price, Pacioretty and Weber this week (with No MT) so if he has lost the support of the team leaders, Bergevin should know it. 

That said, the performance of late should be enough to fire him, regardless.  

I'm not holding my breathe on it happening... but I would do it. 

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Has he lost the room?  I have no idea... I'm not in the room and I can't tell you what the players think about him.

Bergevin met with Price, Pacioretty and Weber this week (with No MT) so if he has lost the support of the team leaders, Bergevin should know it. 

That said, the performance of late should be enough to fire him, regardless.  

I'm not holding my breathe on it happening... but I would do it. 

I would have fired him, rather than traded Subban, in order to change the dynamics after last season. But in terms of this year, I wouldn't fire him yet. I'd wait to see if the bye week brings any change. If after 3-4 games the team is still blowing chunks, then you bet I open the trap door. the team is built to win  NOW. No more dicking around in the foxhole. No more f**king excuses or PR bull crap. Get results or piss off.

15 hours ago, Toronthab said:
2 minutes ago, illWill said:

Joe Sakic and friends were at this game...so at least we have that going for us.

Too bad Beaulieu didn't play smarter.

How do you guys like Nesterov? 

Not so much

Habs played like the Bruins and the Bruins arnt a good team.

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I would have fired him, rather than traded Subban, in order to change the dynamics after last season. But in terms of this year, I wouldn't fire him yet. I'd wait to see if the bye week brings any change. If after 3-4 games the team is still blowing chunks, then you bet I open the trap door. the team is built to win  NOW. No more dicking around in the foxhole. No more f**king excuses or PR bull crap. Get results or piss off.

I was just saying this to my friends. If the team still sucks 3 games after the bye, fire the man. 

There is a definite pattern in the team's performance. They come out strong every year and then fizzle out. I believe that his system is extremely demanding and wears players out. In the beginning of the season, the players are strong and fresh and they can afford to expend all that energy chasing down pucks. By mid season they are out of gas and useless. Time to ditch the dump and chase and watch a posession game for a while. 

Man Chara really put his sick stick handling skills on display. He mesmerized Markov with his fly by defensive play and the rest of the team eventually beating the best goaltender in the world with a shot straight out of Mario Lemieuxs playbook. 

Incredible.

11 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Man Chara really put his sick stick handling skills on display. He mesmerized Markov with his fly by defensive play and the rest of the team eventually beating the best goaltender in the world with a shot straight out of Mario Lemieuxs playbook. 

Incredible.

Thank you, Cam Neely ?

• Upvote 2

Habs 8th in NHL standings, tied for 10th in Goals/game and 8th in Goals against/gm.

Pacioretty had 5 shots & Radulov had 4, but the 0/6 on the PP was again a killer.

1 minute ago, DON said:

Habs 8th in NHL standings, tied for 10th in Goals/game and 8th in Goals against/gm.

Pacioretty had 5 shots & Radulov had 4, but the 0/6 on the PP was again a killer.

Inept PK and defensive coverage also contributed.