Feb. 14/15, Senators vs IceCaps, 6 PM

dlbalr

Armed with arguably their deepest lineup since the beginning of the season, the IceCaps (23-21-6) open up a crucial six game home stand with a pair of games against the Senators (20-25-3).

14bng_500.gif

(Line combos are based on +/- data.)

Akeson - Varone - Rodewald

McCormick - Paul - Bailey

Krushelnyski - Nehring - Blunden

Perron - Flanagan - Hagel

Englund - Harpur

Carlisle - Kostka

Rumble - Lepine

Hammond

15stj_500.gif

(Lines are guesses since McCarron/Carr have been sent back since their last game.)

Hudon - Terry - Carr

Scherbak - McCarron - Audette

Farnham - de la Rose - Friberg

Matteau - MacMillan - Gregoire

Hanley - Redmond

Brouillette - Johnston

Parisi - Lernout

Lindgren

Puck drop is at 6:00 PM EST for both games.  AM 930 has the call.  Wednesday's game will be televised on RDS in tape delay beginning at 7:30 PM EST.

I turned it on at work,  till it was 2-0 after 2 shots on Lindgren...was enough for me. Good to hear they came back.

( I see scored at 14minutes and 25 seconds apart, maybe I misheard PBP guy?)

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Today's lines:

The game's on but I'm trying to avoid the score since I'm going to try to watch some of the tape delay. 

Wont totally spoil it but from the score, not a goaltending masterpiece.

No, it wasn't pretty on either side but unfortunately it was Binghamton who came out on the end of a 6-4 game.  Hudon was one of the few standouts for the IceCaps.  Terry looked like he had the game-tying goal with a minute left but Andrew Hammond made quite the glove stop.

The blooper/highlight of the game was Matteau's goal, his first in 21.  Near the top of the faceoff dot, he took a shot that went off the stick of the defender which sent it way over the net.  It hit the top of the glass and then bounced off Hammond and Jason Akeson (a forward who was standing in the crease for some reason) before dropping into the net.  Now that's the ultimate slump-buster there.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No, it wasn't pretty on either side but unfortunately it was Binghamton who came out on the end of a 6-4 game.  Hudon was one of the few standouts for the IceCaps.  Terry looked like he had the game-tying goal with a minute left but Andrew Hammond made quite the glove stop.

The blooper/highlight of the game was Matteau's goal, his first in 21.  Near the top of the faceoff dot, he took a shot that went off the stick of the defender which sent it way over the net.  It hit the top of the glass and then bounced off Hammond and Jason Akeson (a forward who was standing in the crease for some reason) before dropping into the net.  Now that's the ultimate slump-buster there.

Hudon keeps producing.

56 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Call him up!

Not sure what is up with him seemingly being overlooked not matter how well he is doing? Must be something they want to see from him, that he isn't doing?

Does head coach have anything to do with who gets called up?

5 hours ago, DON said:

Not sure what is up with him seemingly being overlooked not matter how well he is doing? Must be something they want to see from him, that he isn't doing?

Does head coach have anything to do with who gets called up?

I think Bergevin and Lefebvre have the most say in a call-up as quite frankly, Therrien (now Julien) wouldn't have had the time to watch the IceCaps too much.  I get the sense Bergevin doesn't think all that high of Hudon and has him behind several others on the depth chart and that's why he's not getting much time as a recall.  Logically, he should be coming up shortly to as he'd be someone teams may have interest in at the deadline.

Maybe they see Hudon as a Locke or Dawes type, very good AHLer but that is it?

But the bugger also has 4pts in his 6 NHL games and I thought played well to very good, so why wouldn't he get a string of games to see what he is really capable of vs NHLers?