When does Claude Julien get fired?

Commandant

On 2/16/2017 at 7:20 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

If they even considered that Molson should be hung by his balls.

And beat upon them with a tablespoon. It was my dad's favorite saying, he was a classy guy.

• 3 years later...
On 2/20/2017 at 10:24 PM, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

how could we forget....

Oy I remember not liking CJ back then ...  

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Because of two consecutive Cup final losses after the 2021 win? 🤣

I wrote kinda in jest, am still not a big fan of his, but think he is "fine", or maybe a bit above average NHL coach.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:04 PM, brobin said:

Getting really sick of blackouts...

I was trying to watch the game on TV. The TSN feed was blacked out, so I found it on sportsnet pacific, that was blacked out.  The kicker is I could open NHL.tv and watch either of those feeds.  So I’m basically paying for the game 3 times to be able to watch it.

I used to have to pay $4.99/month for RDS RDS2 & TVA.

Now RDS games are blacked out here, so is 10x cost with Centreice costing $40-50/month and i have little interest in NHL games aside from Habs, so rarely watch other games.

At least this year, have rooting interest in every candian match up and may watch more of those games.

56 minutes ago, DON said:

I used to have to pay $4.99/month for RDS RDS2 & TVA.

Now RDS games are blacked out here, so is 10x cost with Centreice costing $40-50/month and i have little interest in NHL games aside from Habs, so rarely watch other games.

At least this year, have rooting interest in every candian match up and may watch more of those games.

I'm with Bell tv (satellite) and just signed up for the NHL Centre Ice Package.  It's $189 for the season (4 equal payments).  So for 56 games, that works out to $3.39 / game.  I see every single game and don't have to worry about being blacked out.  I guess it's your choice but it works for me.

1 hour ago, Blazer said:

I'm with Bell tv (satellite) and just signed up for the NHL Centre Ice Package.  It's $189 for the season (4 equal payments).  So for 56 games, that works out to $3.39 / game.  I see every single game and don't have to worry about being blacked out.  I guess it's your choice but it works for me.

Got no option, so have purchased centreice every year since RDS games got blacked out several years ago. I can easily justify that cost, which would be about same (or less) as seeing 1 game live.

But i would switch back to RDS in a second, if it showed every Hab game out west again. But i assume owners will be squeezing every penny out of fans that they can for foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Got no option, so have purchased centreice every year since RDS games got blacked out several years ago. I can easily justify that cost, which would be about same (or less) as seeing 1 game live.

But i would switch back to RDS in a second, if it showed every Hab game out west again. But i assume owners will be squeezing every penny out of fans that they can for foreseeable future.

I used to have RDS here in Edmonton, I believe it was $2 a month extra, and it was only for Habs games.  Since I had center ice last year my renewal was $160.  I used to get it free with my phone plan.

3 hours ago, Blazer said:

SN Now+ is $10 for seven days, often enough to catch three games, at least this season. They say "limited blackouts" but I don't know how limited it really is.

Of course the streaming sites cost nothing and have no blackouts, but it would sure be nice to have a legit option.

18 hours ago, tomh009 said:

SN Now+ is $10 for seven days, often enough to catch three games, at least this season. They say "limited blackouts" but I don't know how limited it really is.

Of course the streaming sites cost nothing and have no blackouts, but it would sure be nice to have a legit option.

Still way off thread topic but what the heck;

Gotta PVR many games due to early eastern starts, so that also works well with having Centreice, as it did with much cheaper RDS.

21 minutes ago, DON said:

Still way off thread topic but what the heck;

Gotta PVR many games due to early eastern starts, so that also works well with having Centreice, as it did with much cheaper RDS.

Reading all this ... I feel so lucky to be in Ottawa ... RDS/TVA all the games, find even the "Canadiens broadcasters" on TSN/SN annoying

So ... I just discovered that NHL Live offers the "French package", all the Habs and Sens games for $53.99. That's only about $1/game! All in French, but mayb ten I can learn what a "commotion" is, too! 🤪

No playoff games, though, so would need to buy another package for those.

40 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'm confused by the topic title and the current conversation. 

I'll give you that brobin took the thread in a whole other direction, but confused by the title? Seems pretty straight forward, plus there's the fact that you posted it. :P

2 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

I'll give you that brobin took the thread in a whole other direction, but confused by the title? Seems pretty straight forward, plus there's the fact that you posted it. :P

I meant the interaction between the title and the conversation.

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

I meant the interaction between the title and the conversation.

Maybe cuz no one is calling for CJ to be fired?

what’s this? Can it be? Do the oddities of 2020 continue into 2021 with a Habs forum 100% in support of their HC?  

Don’t pinch me! I don’t want to wake up!

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

I know, it's the first time a thread has ever had an off-topic discussion!

Point taken ... but there was no reason for the post that initiated the diversion ... it didn't respond to a side comment in a post about Julien ... it belonged elsewhere.

2 hours ago, revvvrob said:

what’s this? Can it be? Do the oddities of 2020 continue into 2021 with a Habs forum 100% in support of their HC?  

It will be interesting to see how far the pendulum swings , because it will

Coach is overplaying Danault instead of Suzuki. 

Why is Kotkaniemi still on the power play 

Why is CJ keeping Romanov on his offside, he is stifling his development

etc. etc.

2 hours ago, revvvrob said:

I'm just confused why the 2017 joke thread (that I made the day Julien was hired) was bumped to talk about NHL Centre Ice and how to watch the Habs. 

42 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It will be interesting to see how far the pendulum swings , because it will

Coach is overplaying Danault instead of Suzuki. 

Why is Kotkaniemi still on the power play 

Why is CJ keeping Romanov on his offside, he is stifling his development

etc. etc.

Unless those hypothetical issues yet to be raised:

Suzuki is getting slightly over a minute per game more than Danault ... 35 seconds more 5-on-5, despite Danault being the preferred choice against 1Cs

Kotkaniemi is still on the PP because he is 72.7% on faceoffs ... almost double Suzuki ... and the PP is up 8% from last season

They used TC to see if Romanov is more comfortable own the right or left ... LOTS of Russians play their off-side.