Habs RE-HIRE Julien FIRE MT!

IN THE HEARTS OF MEN

Well well well! This is interesting. On the one hand, I'm kinda bothered by the fact that we seem to be continually recycling the same coaches over and over again. On the other hand, I've always liked Julien! Hopefully this will have the desired effect on the end of season and playoffs!

53 minutes ago, Habsfan1989 said:

They should of never let him go to start with. But bob wanted carb as his guy.

Julien wanted the Habs to give up on Theodore and go with Huet.  Bob didn't want to. 

Once Bob took over from Julien, he saw that Theodore was an issue and he was soon in Colorado. 

48 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

He's still under contract with Boston. Coaches aren't really fired but more just relieved of their duties. They are still owed the balance of their contract. So they could technically block him signing somewhere else. When he signs with another team however they don't owe him the balance of the contract. That's the way I understand it at least.

They owe him the difference between the two deals... but since Montreal is likely paying him more than Boston did, they are off the hook in this instance. 

35 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Well colour me shocked. I did not believe that the Bruins would release him to the Habs. Maybe they felt bad after treating him so shabbily. Good Bye Le Genius, happy to see you go, I just know you will get a job right away. Of course we are going to be paying you for a long time. So maybe you sit at home with a bottle of scotch and watch tv. Anyway careful the door doesn't hit your ass on the way out.

Jeremy Jacobs is the cheapest owner in the NHL.  He saw a way to save money. 

28 minutes ago, habs rule said:

So what was that famous meeting with Bergy and the leaders of the team, really about?

None of us can know if Therrien lost the room... but after that meeting Bergevin knew how his leaders felt. 

Somewhere, Don is crying into a pillow. 

Kidding, interested to see what he'll have to say though lol!

The timing of the firing also allows the players a solid few days to adjust to the new coach, always a good thing. Makes you wonder how long Bergy had considered firing him. 

Just days ago Bob Mckenzie was saying how sure he was Therrien wouldn't get fired! 

imagejpeg

1 minute ago, Meller93 said:

Somewhere, Don is crying into a pillow. 

Kidding, interested to see what he'll have to say though lol!

The timing of the firing also allows the players a solid few days to adjust to the new coach, always a good thing. Makes you wonder how long Bergy had considered firing him. 

Just days ago Bob Mckenzie was saying how sure he was Therrien wouldn't get fired! 

Purely theoretical adjustment, as there are no practices during the bye week.

Guest Stogey24
7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Give Julien some time to evaluate his staff.... 

Daigneault ran the worst power play last year. He gets taken off that in the offseason and put in control of the penalty kill... Now the penalty kill blows....

Root of Montreal's problem is defensive zone coverage. Guess who's running the defense. 

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Daigneault ran the worst power play last year. He gets taken off that in the offseason and put in control of the penalty kill... Now the penalty kill blows....

Root of Montreal's problem is defensive zone coverage. Guess who's running the defense. 

I agree with everything you are saying and think he should be gone. 

julien is brand new though, he's going to need time to evaluate and come to that conclusion. 

Image result for austin powers yeah baby

There are two French Canadian coaches who are clearly superior to MT: Vigneault (1st by a bullet) and Julien.

GOOD MOVE BERGEVIN! UPGRADE!!!

Now if only we had done it last season, Subban would still be on the club. A damned shame, that. But I'm optimistic that this will give the team the jolt in needs, and give it a MUUUUCH-needed fresh coaching voice.

I also love the symmetry...Julien was fired with only a few games left in the season in Jersey. The Devils went on to win the Cup. It would be sweet karmic justice if the inverse happened here ;)

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Be interesting to see if Therrien gets another job.

He got hired by Pittsburgh after an absolutely catastrophic joke of a performance in Montreal...even as the exemplary Vingeault toiled away forlornly in the minors. That suggests to me that he has some kind of Jedi mind control over general managers. He'll be back.

49 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

What do I do with my folder of unused Desharnais/Therrien memes?

It's Valentines Day! How could Bergevin do this to them?!?!?

Tell me about it, I was saving this beauty for the right moment

15099354_340132923031856_298549744608949

Credit @lolhabs 

• Upvote 3

I'm not in the mood to feel like a complete outcast but for the first time, I'm not entirely happy with our coaching candidate process. This was great timing and I can completely agree that Therrien's message was wearing thin, but it's obvious that our selection pool forces us into making decisions (sometimes rushed) based on our limited pool of options.

In a moment like this, I think it would be great to be able to interview every available coach out there. Instead, we're forced to have only one option.

Thankfully our new coach knows a lot about our only true rivals and I do expect the team to have a lot of respect for Claude Julien. I don't have so much against Julien (although I did feel like the Habs had his number in general), just the process.