Habs RE-HIRE Julien FIRE MT!

IN THE HEARTS OF MEN

Well, it's about friggin time that the fat moronic idiot finally got fired!  I've had a hard time watching habs games this year bcoz i hate that fat fxck that much! When he was fired, i had said it would cost us Subban and that played out exactly like i said it would have.  This should have happened last year - with any other franchise, the coach would have been fired after the disaster last year.  But MB stuck by his bum buddy and now, after getting a healthy price, trading the most talented hab since lafleur for the greatest leader in the NHL:blink:  we pretty much seeing a repeat of last year.  The only difference is that Price has played more games than last year, but has not been price.  

I've been saying for year's that MT's coaching strategy revolves around pretty much telling Price to stop the puck.  Price can't play, or doesn't play well the habs lose.  If that fat Fxck was fired last year, we probably still would have had Subban and could have hired Guy Boucher who has done wonders with a much weaker lineup in Ottawa.  I'm not much of a Julien fan - tired of hiring retreads, but he at least he is an upgrade over MT, but than Bobo or Crusty the clowns would have been upgrades over Le Genius.

So in delaying the firing, we traded Subban, for a downgrade on defence - and please spare me the statistical analysis of this year, while Subban has been injured.  Bottom line, is what at best was a lateral move (which it really wasn't), was hailed as a great move because we were getting the winner of the fabled Mark Messier Leadership award.  had Weber been here, his leadership would have prevented the collapse last year, since MaxPac and Subban were lousy leaders.  Well guess what, we have been on a downward spiral and the great leader has down squat to prevent it.  Price wasn't supposed to get run anymore since the NHL bad boys were going to be too afraid to run Price.  Funny, Price had to get in fights himself, while Weber and the other dman stood around with there thumbs up their ass.

Shaw who was supposed to bring grit and leadership and experience has brought grit and stupidity.  The saving grace to MB's moves has been Radulov.  I think for the first time this year, i'll finally be able to watch a habs game front start to finish, now that i don't have to see that fat bum on the bench - will see another fat bum, but hopefully he won't be as much of a moron as MT.  I'm going to reserve judgment on Julien.  I know others have said he is one of the top 5 coaches in the league, but he is probably one of the reasons Sequin and Hamilton were moved in incredibly dumb moves.  rumour has it that Galchenyuk was on the block because of his relationship with MT - hopefully, Julien will keep him at centre and Galchenyuk will be signed long-term, but I'll reserve judgement until I see how Julien coaches this team.  The fact that he was fired while in first place in NJD (mainly on the advice to Lamarillo from Brodeur leaves me skeptical).   The fact that the arch rival bruins didn't try to block this move (despite how cheap Jacobs is), has me a bit skeptical as well.  

But like i said, at least he is an upgrade over MT - which like is i said earlier, would have been accomplished with almost any candidate other than POSSIBLY Mike Milbury.  My preference would have been Guy Boucher last year, or Gallant this year.  But given that MB fxcked up last year and the stupid french only rule, Julien was the only option.  MT's career as an NHL coach is probably has dead as Milbury's career - unless the Nordiques get a franchise and need a french coach.

Anyway, I still think MB has more to do, but this is a step in the right direction.  Now if he can unload Pleks and pick up a decent dman who can carry the puck (cough, cough, cough, make up for the Subban trade) and pick up a scorer, with trading Sergachev or Galchenyuk, it will be a move in the right direction.   Otherwise, I think MB should be on the hot seat next.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, zumpano21 said:

That is interesting because I saw Gallant hanging around the Bell Centre before the Caps game on super bowl weekend 

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I wish Gallant got the job. That's just my opinion though 

100% agree!

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

am i the only one who seems to think carey price will quickly return to world beating form?

Carey Price since December 1st

.918 5v5

.765 on the PK

The 5v5 is slightly down from what he normally does, but the glaring issue is PK

I have a good feeling about this move. The complaints about the Habs playing boring hockey will not abate, but Julien is big on game planning, matchups, and adjustments. I think at the beginning of the Therrienure coach T inherited some younger players and unmotivated players (for lack of a better word) that needed a taskmaster to get more out of them. Now that they have a more mature team, they're ready to take the next step.

Tactics are horrible. Not that I'm an expert. The penalty kill can't even position their sticks in the lane. They aren't aggressive at all. The Bruins looked like late 90's Red Wings on the powerplay the other night. The Habs powerplay has one weapon-once again. The team is in a tailspin, and it hasn't even seemed like Therrien was willing to shake up the lines. As well as they start each season, when things go haywire, he doesn't have the answer.

Julien will like the defense he's inherited. If anybody can make Weber-Emelin work, it's Julien. He won the Cup with Chara-Seidenberg paired together. He's masterful at setting up a cycle offense, the lack of which, imo, is the cause of their 5v5 issues. In the beginning of the year, they were catching defenses off guard by chipping the puck out of the zone and winning footraces. Now, not so much.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Not sure what you mean Don, 

Julian's teams are pretty physical, i like that style of play. 

The current roster is, IMO soft, slow defensively and have terrible center depth. 

So, he will make roster more physical, somehow?

And with current roster that is soft, slow d and no centre depth....what do you like about how he will deal with that, vs what Therrien asks for?

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

I wouldn't get too excited about Chucky breaking out under CJ. CJ  doesn't have a great record with young defensively weak players. Kessel, Seguin

You can't go back further and look at David Krejci. Brad Marchand had defensive issues. They said the same thing to Pierre this afternoon, and Pierre was pretty deadset on Seguin being traded for off-ice issues. Kessel is a ###### that will probably have issues wherever he goes. He would be a great winger to play soft minutes with DD. I think Julien can at least be a better teacher for Galchenyuk, who doesn't even seem to know these days he's not supposed to cover the points like a winger.

4 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

You can't go back further and look at David Krejci. Brad Marchand had defensive issues. They said the same thing to Pierre this afternoon, and Pierre was pretty deadset on Seguin being traded for off-ice issues. Kessel is a ###### that will probably have issues wherever he goes. He would be a great winger to play soft minutes with DD. I think Julien can at least be a better teacher for Galchenyuk, who doesn't even seem to know these days he's not supposed to cover the points like a winger.

Hope so also! Julien is experienced and supposedly well liked, so fingers crossed will work out with a cup rn.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Well, it's about friggin time that the fat moronic idiot finally got fired!  I've had a hard time watching habs games this year bcoz i hate that fat fxck that much! When he was fired, i had said it would cost us Subban and that played out exactly like i said it would have.  This should have happened last year - with any other franchise, the coach would have been fired after the disaster last year.  But MB stuck by his bum buddy and now, after getting a healthy price, trading the most talented hab since lafleur for the greatest leader in the NHL:blink:  we pretty much seeing a repeat of last year.  The only difference is that Price has played more games than last year, but has not been price.  

I've been saying for year's that MT's coaching strategy revolves around pretty much telling Price to stop the puck.  Price can't play, or doesn't play well the habs lose.  If that fat Fxck was fired last year, we probably still would have had Subban and could have hired Guy Boucher who has done wonders with a much weaker lineup in Ottawa.  I'm not much of a Julien fan - tired of hiring retreads, but he at least he is an upgrade over MT, but than Bobo or Crusty the clowns would have been upgrades over Le Genius.

So in delaying the firing, we traded Subban, for a downgrade on defence - and please spare me the statistical analysis of this year, while Subban has been injured.  Bottom line, is what at best was a lateral move (which it really wasn't), was hailed as a great move because we were getting the winner of the fabled Mark Messier Leadership award.  had Weber been here, his leadership would have prevented the collapse last year, since MaxPac and Subban were lousy leaders.  Well guess what, we have been on a downward spiral and the great leader has down squat to prevent it.  Price wasn't supposed to get run anymore since the NHL bad boys were going to be too afraid to run Price.  Funny, Price had to get in fights himself, while Weber and the other dman stood around with there thumbs up their ass.

Shaw who was supposed to bring grit and leadership and experience has brought grit and stupidity.  The saving grace to MB's moves has been Radulov.  I think for the first time this year, i'll finally be able to watch a habs game front start to finish, now that i don't have to see that fat bum on the bench - will see another fat bum, but hopefully he won't be as much of a moron as MT.  I'm going to reserve judgment on Julien.  I know others have said he is one of the top 5 coaches in the league, but he is probably one of the reasons Sequin and Hamilton were moved in incredibly dumb moves.  rumour has it that Galchenyuk was on the block because of his relationship with MT - hopefully, Julien will keep him at centre and Galchenyuk will be signed long-term, but I'll reserve judgement until I see how Julien coaches this team.  The fact that he was fired while in first place in NJD (mainly on the advice to Lamarillo from Brodeur leaves me skeptical).   The fact that the arch rival bruins didn't try to block this move (despite how cheap Jacobs is), has me a bit skeptical as well.  

But like i said, at least he is an upgrade over MT - which like is i said earlier, would have been accomplished with almost any candidate other than POSSIBLY Mike Milbury.  My preference would have been Guy Boucher last year, or Gallant this year.  But given that MB fxcked up last year and the stupid french only rule, Julien was the only option.  MT's career as an NHL coach is probably has dead as Milbury's career - unless the Nordiques get a franchise and need a french coach.

Anyway, I still think MB has more to do, but this is a step in the right direction.  Now if he can unload Pleks and pick up a decent dman who can carry the puck (cough, cough, cough, make up for the Subban trade) and pick up a scorer, with trading Sergachev or Galchenyuk, it will be a move in the right direction.   Otherwise, I think MB should be on the hot seat next.

HE'S BACK AND HE'S BAD!!!!! Habs29, how I missed your epic posts :thumbs_up::lol: This is a clip-and-save Habs29 classic.

You were dead right about how MT and Subban would play out, and you are dead right about that balls-up of a trade. In fact, it was a mistake of inexperience by MB. No seasoned GM would deal away a franchise-defining defenceman to please a coach who is by definition disposable. He would fire the coach instead.

You also raise valid concerns about Julien's possible responsibility for the Seguin disaster (that being a case of a franchise C being traded away to please - who? If Julien, that's bad. But I heard on the radio somewhere that the B's 'leadership core' had actually asked that Seguin be traded). Anyway, if Julien can't work with gifted young talent, it won't matter much in the short run, since we don't have any elite prospects or rookies to 'worry' about except Sergachev. I suspect that Galchenyuk is seasoned enough not to have Julien think of him as a somehow a liability, the way your 'fat fXck' friend regarded Subban. The team is in WIN NOW mode for sure; after all, our window was shortened by a few years due to The Greatest Trade in Habs History.

(I assume you mean WITHOUT trading Sergachev or Galchenyuk in your second last line there. And I agree with the sentiment.)

11 minutes ago, DON said:

Hope so also! Julien is experienced and supposedly well liked, so fingers crossed will work out with a cup rn.

I've never played hockey and I can point out many things on a nightly basis that Galchenyuk is doing wrong without the puck.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I wouldn't get too excited about Chucky breaking out under CJ. CJ  doesn't have a great record with young defensively weak players. Kessel, Seguin

Don't forget Hamilton.  Another young player the bruins prematurely dumped.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

HE'S BACK AND HE'S BAD!!!!! Habs29, how I missed your epic posts :thumbs_up::lol: This is a clip-and-save Habs29 classic.

You were dead right about how MT and Subban would play out, and you are dead right about that balls-up of a trade. In fact, it was a mistake of inexperience by MB. No seasoned GM would deal away a franchise-defining defenceman to please a coach who is by definition disposable. He would fire the coach instead.

You also raise valid concerns about Julien's possible responsibility for the Seguin disaster (that being a case of a franchise C being traded away to please - who? If Julien, that's bad. But I heard on the radio somewhere that the B's 'leadership core' had actually asked that Seguin be traded). Anyway, if Julien can't work with gifted young talent, it won't matter much in the short run, since we don't have any elite prospects or rookies to 'worry' about except Sergachev. I suspect that Galchenyuk is seasoned enough not to have Julien think of him as a somehow a liability, the way your 'fat fXck' friend regarded Subban. The team is in WIN NOW mode for sure; after all, our window was shortened by a few years due to The Greatest Trade in Habs History.

(I assume you mean WITHOUT trading Sergachev or Galchenyuk in your second last line there. And I agree with the sentiment.)

Yep, no way galchenyuk or sergachev should be traded unless the package back includes McKinnon.

not sure if Julien was the reason sequin was traded, but he showed the same reluctance to play seguin as MT does with galchenyuk.  It also is alarming that both seguin and Hamilton had problems with the veteran core in Boston.  

I also remember reading that lamarillo fired julien on brodeurs feedback that the players didn't respect him and veterans ignored him (madden apparently fired a puck at julien and there were no repurcussions or even attempts at disipline.  

Anway, I'm happy the fat Fxck is finally gone, but tired of us going back to retreads.  MB had the opportunity to fire Le genius and bring new blood with Boucher. Instead he gutted the team of one of its key assets, for a declining asset. To me it's telling that when the predators wanted to get johansson, they had to give up Seth jones, rather than weber.  I'd take a young Seth jones over a declining Weber any day.

it would have been a good move if we had moved petry and a prospect for Weber, but to move him for subban was plain stupidity.

1 hour ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I've never played hockey and I can point out many things on a nightly basis that Galchenyuk is doing wrong without the puck.

I can point out on a per shift basis how lousy the entire friggin team's defensive coverage has been and how the zero creativity allowed by le genius, has translated to zero offence.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Don't forget Hamilton.  Another young player the bruins prematurely dumped.

1) Seguin and Kessel were all Cam Neely who hated the Prima Donna attitudes.  They weren't because of Julien.

2) Hamilton was a salary issue. The Bruins didn't want to pay him what he was demanding, The Oilers were waiting with an offer sheet (chiarelli screwing his old team), so they traded him to the Flames. 

He's done a great job with Lucic, Kreijci, Marchand, Pastrnak, Carlo, Krug, Vatrano, Spooner, and a few other youngsters he brought along during his time in Boston. 

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

1) Seguin and Kessel were all Cam Neely who hated the Prima Donna attitudes.  They weren't because of Julien.

2) Hamilton was a salary issue. The Bruins didn't want to pay him what he was demanding, The Oilers were waiting with an offer sheet (chiarelli screwing his old team), so they traded him to the Flames. 

He's done a great job with Lucic, Kreijci, Marchand, Pastrnak, Carlo, Krug, Vatrano, Spooner, and a few other youngsters he brought along during his time in Boston. 

The writers in Calgary reported that Hamilton was offered the same money from Boston, prior to the trade, but he didn't want to play there - bad fit in the locker room.

seguin and kessel were both getting similar treatment from Julien that galchenyuk got from le genius.  If you recall one of the series against us, none of the bruins were scoring and julien finally played him after 3 or 4 games, and kessel had an immediate impact.  The Boston writers were up in arms over that.

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

seguin and kessel were both getting similar treatment from Julien that galchenyuk got from le genius.  If you recall one of the series against us, none of the bruins were scoring and julien finally played him after 3 or 4 games, and kessel had an immediate impact.  The Boston writers were up in arms over that.

The Bruins won a cup with Seguin at age 19, so I'd say whatever he did was correct.  He also played center and was stuck behind two better centers at the time in Bergeron and Krejci

That being said, I'm still on the fence about how I feel about this hiring. I respect what Julien has done in his career but I dislike his demeanor behind the bench. He's the type of coach that makes excuses for his players and whines to the ref. The one thing that I did admire about Therrien, was that he kept it calm and business like. I'll stay optimistic that this change will light a fire under the players

But unfortunately this is what I think of when I think of Julien....

• Upvote 2

I must say that I despise Claude Julien, the man.

All the bullshit and the baby crying he did in Boston, all the stupid things he said about his opponents.

In my book, he's an idiot.  Hope he doesn't have friends or relatives on this board.

10 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Yes, he needs work on play without the puck for sure. And we have seen Muller and Galchenyuk in heated discussion on the ice after practice and I assume (hope) it is that part of the game Muller is helping him work on?

Wonder if Galchenyuk is on 'spring break' this week, or working on his conditioning and trying to strengthen knee?

.  M

The Brian wilde article on the main page is a great read. Check it out.some interesting perspectives.  As much as I am ready to see a new system, I can appreciate the points about 900 goaltending by price and damault as your #1 centre.