Habs RE-HIRE Julien FIRE MT!

IN THE HEARTS OF MEN

Pretty huge news. Surprised Boston would allow that. Good thing they got rid of the compensation rule. 

Julien is a hell of a coach. I doubt the Habs make this move if he wasn't on the market.

3 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

Pretty huge news. Surprised Boston would allow that. Good thing they got rid of the compensation rule. 

Julien is a hell of a coach. I doubt the Habs make this move if he wasn't on the market.

Boston fired him. What say do they have over what he does? 

3 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Boston fired him. What say do they have over what he does? 

He's still under contract with Boston. Coaches aren't really fired but more just relieved of their duties. They are still owed the balance of their contract. So they could technically block him signing somewhere else. When he signs with another team however they don't owe him the balance of the contract. That's the way I understand it at least.

Just now, Habsfan84 said:

He's still under contract with Boston. Coaches aren't really fired but more just relieved of their duties. They are still owed the balance of their contract. So they could technically block him signing somewhere else. When he signs with another team however they don't owe him the balance of the contract. That's the way I understand it at least.

I knew coach contracts were guaranteed, but I'd never heard that teams have any control over them, other than the ridiculous period of the compensation rules. I'm more familiar with sports like college football, where Charlie Weis was still being paid by Notre Dame after he had gone to Kansas and got fired from there as well, haha.

Well colour me shocked. I did not believe that the Bruins would release him to the Habs. Maybe they felt bad after treating him so shabbily. Good Bye Le Genius, happy to see you go, I just know you will get a job right away. Of course we are going to be paying you for a long time. So maybe you sit at home with a bottle of scotch and watch tv. Anyway careful the door doesn't hit your ass on the way out.