Habs RE-HIRE Julien FIRE MT!

IN THE HEARTS OF MEN

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

What do I do with my folder of unused Desharnais/Therrien memes?

It's Valentines Day! How could Bergevin do this to them?!?!?

Hahahah!

38 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I'm not in the mood to feel like a complete outcast but for the first time, I'm not entirely happy with our coaching candidate process. This was great timing and I can completely agree that Therrien's message was wearing thin, but it's obvious that our selection pool forces us into making decisions (sometimes rushed) based on our limited pool of options.

In a moment like this, I think it would be great to be able to interview every available coach out there. Instead, we're forced to have only one option.

Thankfully our new coach knows a lot about our only true rivals and I do expect the team to have a lot of respect for Claude Julien. I don't have so much against Julien (although I did feel like the Habs had his number in general), just the process. 

I hate the french only thing. 

That said, Julien is a top 5 coach in the NHL, and the best available (french or english). 

The policy hurts us, but not with this hire. 

41 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I'm not in the mood to feel like a complete outcast but for the first time, I'm not entirely happy with our coaching candidate process. This was great timing and I can completely agree that Therrien's message was wearing thin, but it's obvious that our selection pool forces us into making decisions (sometimes rushed) based on our limited pool of options.

In a moment like this, I think it would be great to be able to interview every available coach out there. Instead, we're forced to have only one option.

Thankfully our new coach knows a lot about our only true rivals and I do expect the team to have a lot of respect for Claude Julien. I don't have so much against Julien (although I did feel like the Habs had his number in general), just the process. 

I hate the french only thing. 

That said, Julien is a top 5 coach in the NHL, and the best available (french or english). 

The policy hurts us, but not with this hire. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

What just happened?

I'm not sure, but I think you really wanted us to know you hate the French only thing, Julien is a top 5 coach in the NHL, and this policy hurts us but not this time.

• Upvote 3

lol

everyones on fire today....

seems most of us are somewhat gitty...

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I'm not sure, but I think you really wanted us to know you hate the French only thing, Julien is a top 5 coach in the NHL, and this policy hurts us but not this time.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Don't think the Sharks will let him leave mid-season. 

They might not let him go in the off-season either. 

just practicing for my next NEW TOPIC thread

26 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Habs HIRE Larry Robinson as assistant FIRE JJ Daniault......

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Weird.  Now i got a message that I'm not allowed to give you reputation, when i tried to give you a plus 1. 

Site is being weird. 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Weird.  Now i got a message that I'm not allowed to give you reputation, when i tried to give you a plus 1. 

Site is being weird. 

Working for me. Maybe your browser or internet is acting up?

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Daigneault ran the worst power play last year. He gets taken off that in the offseason and put in control of the penalty kill... Now the penalty kill blows....

Root of Montreal's problem is defensive zone coverage. Guess who's running the defense. 

No kidding!  Brian Wilde just said basically the same thing about Daigneault a few minutes ago on TSN690.  

Unfortunately the word is out that all the Habs assistant coaches will stay.  I'm sure CJ will figure out how useless Daigneault is, and replace him in the off season.  All newly hired head coaches bring in their own assistants.  I will predict that Muller will be safe, but all the rest of them will be let go.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

What just happened?

If you're quoting a post on one page of a thread with your post landing on a separate page, the thread won't move when you click submit reply. 

For example, if you quote post 47 in a reply (Page 2 while still on that page) with your reply being post 53 (Page 3), it won't jump to page 3 when you submit your post.  So you can hit submit several times thinking you missed hitting it the first time without realizing you're posting the same reply.  (It's happened to me too.)

It didn't do that on the old board but it does here.  Unfortunately, I know nothing about fixing stuff like that.

• Upvote 1

Which players will this new coach positively affect most...Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Carr, Andrighetto, Danault?

(Although Habs have dominated Julien's team for 5 years, so maybe he knows little about Hab players or perhaps had poor scouting?)

Edited by DON
2nd thought

55 minutes ago, Chris said:

Wonder what went on in that meeting with Weber, Price Pacs and MB, obviously not a vote of confidence. 

I like Julian, but this current roster isn't his kind of team. 

Not being sarcastic, what do you like about his coaching? I have paid no attention to what he tried to do vs Habs as it wasn't successful (or could say was horrible if you were a Bruins fan) so all was good matching up Therrien vs Julien.

Seems all HabFans simply hated him and his comments re Habs but all is forgiven now I suppose and "if you aint cheating you aint trying hard enough to win" (T. Brady 2016).

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Given the self-imposed French speaking criterion, this tidbit is kind of interesting:

That is interesting because I saw Gallant hanging around the Bell Centre before the Caps game on super bowl weekend