Habs RE-HIRE Julien FIRE MT!

IN THE HEARTS OF MEN

9 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Don't forget Hamilton.  Another young player the bruins prematurely dumped.

I think both Kessel and Segain were Mgmt (brainiac Neely) decisions moreso than Julien. Bruins have bunch of good young d-men they (Pierre McGuire) say so Hamilton was expendable.

But, Julien might be able to work with Shaw as he seems to of done somewhat with Marchand.

4 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The writers in Calgary reported that Hamilton was offered the same money from Boston, prior to the trade, but he didn't want to play there - bad fit in the locker room.

seguin and kessel were both getting similar treatment from Julien that galchenyuk got from le genius.  If you recall one of the series against us, none of the bruins were scoring and julien finally played him after 3 or 4 games, and kessel had an immediate impact.  The Boston writers were up in arms over that.

He was offered less in Boston. 

There was a $1.5 million difference.  Not much, but the Bruins would not budge on their number.  The Oilers were also threatening an Offer Sheet. 

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/bruins_insider/2015/06/dougie_hamilton_wont_deny_he_wanted_to_leave_bruins

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/edmonton-oilers-pondering-an-offer-sheet-to-dougie-hamilton-of-the-boston-bruins-lebrun-reports

Kessel also was a cap issue.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/revisiting-the-original-phil-kessel-trade-where-nobody-is-a-winner-today/

I haven't been a big Julien fan, and I remember saying I thought Therrien was the better behaved behind the bench, less of an idiot, less caveman and old school than Julien.

I'm not going to say now that I think this is the best hiring possible, but it's probably the best hiring the Montreal Canadiens could make with their "need a French speaking" thing, before he was snatched up by another team.

As someone(maybe Lovett's) said, it's obvious the team needed a coaching change, and Julien has a lot of great hockey people, say great things about him, he has a recent cup, and his Bruins although lacking depth, could play against anybody, and be in the game.

I have been a Therrien supporter all through this last tenure, but said to my lady after Sunday's game, that I had all I could take of Therrien's coaching, it's obvious the team has dialed out.

I will say that I have an open mind about Julien, maybe I disliked him because it was the Bruins he coached? But I cringe when I think of the things that iLLWiLL reminded us of.

Bottom line is, Habs needed a coaching change, and Julien is a highly regarded NHL coach by his peers, and he speaks French, so not a bad move in my books. 

14 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

Montreal should have a parade now that MT is gone.  

No, that would be leafs fans.  Habs fans don't have a parade until they win the cup.

Few notes from both Bergevin's conference and Julien's teleconference today:

- Habs asked permission to speak to Gallant but never actually talked to him. He was likely plan B if it didn't work out with Julien

- Change was likely going to be made regardless of Julien's status

- Julien gets a five year deal which is on top of the rest of this season

- Bergevin said he won't mortgage future to make deals to win now. He specifically mentioned Sergachev as the future

3 hours ago, KoRP said:

I haven't been a big Julien fan, and I remember saying I thought Therrien was the better behaved behind the bench, less of an idiot, less caveman and old school than Julien.

I'm not going to say now that I think this is the best hiring possible, but it's probably the best hiring the Montreal Canadiens could make with their "need a French speaking" thing, before he was snatched up by another team.

As someone(maybe Lovett's) said, it's obvious the team needed a coaching change, and Julien has a lot of great hockey people, say great things about him, he has a recent cup, and his Bruins although lacking depth, could play against anybody, and be in the game.

I have been a Therrien supporter all through this last tenure, but said to my lady after Sunday's game, that I had all I could take of Therrien's coaching, it's obvious the team has dialed out.

I will say that I have an open mind about Julien, maybe I disliked him because it was the Bruins he coached? But I cringe when I think of the things that iLLWiLL reminded us of.

Bottom line is, Habs needed a coaching change, and Julien is a highly regarded NHL coach by his peers, and he speaks French, so not a bad move in my books. 

I feel the same way but I think deep down when one reads between the lines, it means that neither of us actually do love the decision making process. Julien can be a good coach but he has peaks and valleys rather than a high level plateau. 

It boggles the mind when you think about one team having rehired two seperate coaches within a couple of decades. How many teams have rehired the same coach within a few years even once?If people don't think there's something wrong with the system regardless of Julien's credentials, then I can't agree.

I thought the argument could be made for Therrien that he had evolved as a coach and had learned from his previous mistakes. Are we really going to argue the same thing for Julien? Or are we proving the reality that the only reason to fire a coach is to shake up the team rather than necessarily finding the greatest coach possible. (Julien's good but besides the point)

I can tell from your sentiments as well as mine, however, that we will at least be willing to give Julien a chance. Here's to hoping. :habslogo:

21 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Praying that Julien comes in and demands Daignault be removed right away.

He doesn't really have any background with Daigneault so it's likely that any coaching changes will come after he has a chance to work with the staff (basically, after the season).  It's already been confirmed no other changes are being made.

11 hours ago, nihilz said:

Lacroix for Gallant. Do it.

Why would Gallant accept an assistant job at this stage?  Logic dictates that he'll wait until after all the head coaching vacancies are filled in the offseason before even considering an assistant job.  (And even at that, with Muller already at an elevated status - associate vs assistant - I don't think the Habs would be the right fit for him anyways.)

Also, for those interested in the money:

1 hour ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Bergevin has to be careful, if things go sideways, Therrien fans will come with the pitc....

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I think all three of us wont go the pitchfork route...is likely Bergevin had more than one reason to try and trade up. :spamafote:

• Upvote 1

I hope that Julien will give more icetime to Chucky, Beaulieu, Pateryn and McCarron. Time to see what these younglings can do with added icetime in important situations!

1 hour ago, Habsfan said:

I hope that Julien will give more icetime to Chucky, Beaulieu, Pateryn and McCarron. Time to see what these younglings can do with added icetime in important situations!

Yes, me too, I'm wondering how The Claude will use his players, and what type of game he will demand.

Therrien used to say "ice time will be rewarded for playing the right way, earn your ice time"  and we all know that wasn't true, it's going to be interesting to see the new team dynamics and politics.

13 minutes ago, KoRP said:

Yes, me too, I'm wondering how The Claude will use his players, and what type of game he will demand.

Therrien used to say "ice time will be rewarded for playing the right way, earn your ice time"  and we all know that wasn't true, it's going to be interesting to see the new team dynamics and politics.

I just want to know how chucky will be utilized and whether he will be given more rope than le genius gave him.  I think Price quit on MT and his "system", so I expect him to be back to normal.

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I just want to know how chucky will be utilized and whether he will be given more rope than le genius gave him.  I think Price quit on MT and his "system", so I expect him to be back to normal.

As much as I hope Price returns to form in time, I for one won't be impressed if he purposely dogged it for two plus months to get a coach fired.  If that is what happened (and I doubt it was, for the record), then forget about extending him, it would be time to trade him in the offseason as you can't win with your top player quitting on your team for that long.

Guest Stogey24
16 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

As much as I hope Price returns to form in time, I for one won't be impressed if he purposely dogged it for two plus months to get a coach fired.  If that is what happened (and I doubt it was, for the record), then forget about extending him, it would be time to trade him in the offseason as you can't win with your top player quitting on your team for that long.

There is no way he did that. There's players out there skating their nuts off every night. It wouldn't fly in the dressing room.

I do think he was unhappy though. 

I heard a rumour that when Therrien was in Pittsburgh, he jumped all over Fleury, got right in his face, just losing his shit. Apparently Fleury cried. 

54 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

There is no way he did that. There's players out there skating their nuts off every night. It wouldn't fly in the dressing room.

I heard a rumour that when Therrien was in Pittsburgh, he jumped all over Fleury, got right in his face, just losing his shit. Apparently Fleury cried. 

If true I can see the whole room turning on Therrien for that.

58 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

if Price got MT fired, then he deserves a raise......