Habs RE-HIRE Julien FIRE MT!

IN THE HEARTS OF MEN

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

As much as I hope Price returns to form in time, I for one won't be impressed if he purposely dogged it for two plus months to get a coach fired.  If that is what happened (and I doubt it was, for the record), then forget about extending him, it would be time to trade him in the offseason as you can't win with your top player quitting on your team for that long.

I doubt he dogged it to cause the team to lose. He's too proud to do that. It's just like the accusation of laziness. Very few players are legitimately lazy. But what is real is a player being so angry/depressed/emotional about the coach that they are never setting themselves up properly for the game and are pretty much ready to be in a funk every game. That's what losing the room is about. Nobody goes out there trying to lose so the coach is fired, but there's nothing the coach can do to make them play with clear eyes and clear minds.

2 hours ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

if Price got MT fired, then he deserves a raise......

Agree.  I think he saw this time was winning squat with le genius.  Having said that, it doesn't mean he quit as in stopped trying.  It's more of being fed up and discouraged, which would result in mentally checking out.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Agree.  I think he saw this time was winning squat with le genius.  Having said that, it doesn't mean he quit as in stopped trying.  It's more of being fed up and discouraged, which would result in mentally checking out.

time IS a factor...as i mentioned in another thread - the division is ours to lose.  at the start of the year, who would have thought the Bolts would be completely out of it...Detroit is struggling,  The Bruins and the Cats can be beaten. The Leafs and Sabres are not ready...Sens have our number but i believe they will self-destruct.  This move shows us MB sees this as well. 

6 hours ago, dlbalr said:

As much as I hope Price returns to form in time, I for one won't be impressed if he purposely dogged it for two plus months to get a coach fired.  If that is what happened (and I doubt it was, for the record), then forget about extending him, it would be time to trade him in the offseason as you can't win with your top player quitting on your team for that long.

He might have played poorly because he lost faith in Therrien and the system, but that doesn't mean he actively was tanking to get him fired, just that he wasn't as motivated as he could be.