Consider this

kingpicky

The Canadiens have a better chance of winning the Stanley Cup with Marc Andre Fleury in goal than Carey Price.If salary cap, no trade clauses and everything else were not an issue,think of what one could get for Price in a deal.No more size issues, no scoring problems, no weaknesses.A very feared team, with a Stanley Cup winner in goal and a French Canadian in goal with a point to prove.The Habs will never win a Cup as they are made up now.The only tradable commodity is Carey.I wish Claude well,but I do not see the success Marc envisions.I would not hesitate to make this deal for a second.

• Upvote 1

Marc Andre Fleury is one of the biggest reasons why Pittsburgh needed almost 10 years to win another Cup. He was constantly pulled and replaced in the playoffs. Murray has had better rookie stats than Price did at the same age. He's the real deal. That's why the Penguins won the Cup with him and not Fleury.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Let's go with Fleury (the most overpaid backup in the NHL) or Halak (not even an NHL goalie anymore) over Price.

Best thread.

So if you got Tavares and Halak from the Isles for Price you wouldnt concider completing that trade?

Or are you trying to say I want Halak over Price? 

I grew up with goalies like Dryden and Roy as my favourite players and I love price, but would trade him for a more complete lineup.  If the oilers offered draisaitl, klefbom and talbot I'd probably make the move.  

If the pens offered Murrey and Malkin I'd make the move, though we would still need help on D.

when was the last time the best goalie in the league led his team to the cup, hell, wasn't the last goalie to even win the conn smythe, cam ward - and he wasn't even the best player in the team.

its been a while since a Roy, Brodeur, or halak calibre goalie won the cup.  Hell, the only elite goalie I can think of that even took his team to the finals recently was Lundquist.

43 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I grew up with goalies like Dryden and Roy as my favourite players and I love price, but would trade him for a more complete lineup.  If the oilers offered draisaitl, klefbom and talbot I'd probably make the move.  

If the pens offered Murrey and Malkin I'd make the move, though we would still need help on D.

when was the last time the best goalie in the league led his team to the cup, hell, wasn't the last goalie to even win the conn smythe, cam ward - and he wasn't even the best player in the team.

its been a while since a Roy, Brodeur, or halak calibre goalie won the cup.  Hell, the only elite goalie I can think of that even took his team to the finals recently was Lundquist.

Tim Thomas

And to a lesser degree Johnathan Quick

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I would definitely take this offer because Murray is already better than Price at the same age. 

Murray: .923 save percentage in the regular season, .923 in the playoffs at 21

Price: .920 save percentage in the regular season, .901 in the playoffs at 21

So you're getting a 22 year old goalie who is already a starter with a Stanley Cup, and a franchise centre, for a franchise goalie.

I take that in a nanosecond.

If we were to trade price (which should not happen) it would need to be for a more proven goalie than the ones listed here and an additional player. I think people are being a little too hard on Fleury but in reality it is true that he's been a weak spot for them. They've won a couple of cups but they've had Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin (Kris Letang). I'm not sold on Matt Murray as well. Sure, he played well but the same comments that argue against Fleury and his playoff success with the Pens should apply to Murray as well.

If I were to trade Price (which should not happen) it would have to be either for...

Lundqvist & Nash or...

Quick & Kopitar

Holtby & Backstrom

Dalhabs, your trade should be considered but in a few years one has to understand that it becomes a Price for Tavares trade straight up, which isn't absolutely terrible. For whatever reason, it seems that Halak has a shelf life with every team he plays for.

I would also consider Murray & Malkin because Malkin is awesome and obviously Murray/Crosby as well.