Consider this

kingpicky

Stop posting the same ing thread.  This is at least the fourth time. 

Something tells me this guy is a Halak fan who still hasn't let go of the trade 7 years later. 

All five of his posts are the same (and four were starting threads).  Its a broken record. 

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I think everything depends on the off season.

Summer of 2018 sees Price as a UFA at the same time these teams will be probably looking for a starter and have the money to pay for one:

- Dallas Stars (Niemi and Lehtonen as UFA means $10.4M free space. This has been my call for where Price goes for a while now. They are about to free up $18M this summer alone to turn their team around for next season!)

- Tampa Bay Lightning (Filppula and Garrison will be a UFA to pay for Johnson and Drouin,leaving all of that Bishop money free to goto a new starter. Vasilevsky will be an attractive trade bait for a team that wants a young goalie and is willing to give up a young D for him.)

- Vancouver Canucks (Miller done this summer and Markstrom will be making $3.6M but the Canucks also have the Sedin's becoming UFAs and a lot of money to spend on a BC native)

- Calgary Flames (very young, in a playoff spot, great looking top four D on paper, built like what the Habs might look like had they actually tanked back in 2013)

- St. Louis Blues (The Jake Allen experiment has been so far a failure and the Blues would welcome a big splash like Price with a lot of money about to become available)

- Nashville Predators (unlikely with Rinne having one more year on his deal but they could maybe convince Rinne to call it a career to make room?)

- Winnipeg Jets (unlikely since it's the Jets and I doubt anyone wants to go there)

The reality is that vast, vast majority of top free agents sign with the team they are with. 

That said..... 

Tampa is not going to have the cap space. 

The Canucks are unlikely to have built a team that will be good and attractive in two years time. 

The Stars, Blues, Jets, Flames, likely address goaltending this summer and aren't going to wait another year.

46 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Who was the last goalie to be THE main reason for a cup win.  We've had Dryden and Roy.  Hasak came close in buffalo and lundquist was close in NY, but who else?  Everyone else had a better supporting cast than what price has.

The Bruins 2010-11 Cup run was a herculian effort by Thomas.  That performance (full season plus playoffs) is arguably one of the top goalie performances of all-time

He had a .938 save percentage in the playoffs, which is flat out ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The Bruins 2010-11 Cup run was a herculian effort by Thomas.  That performance (full season plus playoffs) is arguably one of the top goalie performances of all-time

He had a .938 save percentage in the playoffs, which is flat out ridiculous. 

I don't know, my memory of that season may be off.  I remember the bruins just scraping through the series with us - had gionta's shot not hit chara's skate or cammalari the post, we would have win in OT.  They had two easy rounds and than beat Vancouver when the referees put away their whistles and Luongo couldn't have stopped a beach ball.

a high save % doesn't always tell the story if you aren't seeing a lot of high quality rubber.  He did well against us, but had two pretty easy rounds, before the refereeing and the Canucks quit.  I don't remember being blown away by his performance like I was with hasek against the stars, or even lundquist from a few years back.  Maybe it's just my anti-bruins bias, but I just didn't think Thomas was THE reason they won.

I like this forum. It is just like family. We all love the Habs, yet argue constantly over how to improve them. I must admit with my first post being about Carey , I had trepidations.I am glad to see in a few of the last posts that some can consider life without Carey.Question to all, is there a good Habs website to buy merchandise from that offers more than the usual stuff you see on most websites. Rare shirts and hats, etc.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don't know, my memory of that season may be off.  I remember the bruins just scraping through the series with us - had gionta's shot not hit chara's skate or cammalari the post, we would have win in OT.  They had two easy rounds and than beat Vancouver when the referees put away their whistles and Luongo couldn't have stopped a beach ball.

a high save % doesn't always tell the story if you aren't seeing a lot of high quality rubber.  He did well against us, but had two pretty easy rounds, before the refereeing and the Canucks quit.  I don't remember being blown away by his performance like I was with hasek against the stars, or even lundquist from a few years back.  Maybe it's just my anti-bruins bias, but I just didn't think Thomas was THE reason they won.

They don't beat us without Thomas.

They don't beat Tampa without Thomas  7 games, includes a 1-0 game 7 win. 

They don't beat Vancouver without Thomas. 

The Bruins were regularly outshot in each of the three series.   Their powerplay was the worst ever for a cup champion. 

• Upvote 1

Philly was an easy series for the Bruins in 2011. They outscored the Flyers 20-7 in a four game sweep. Tampa was a different story but the Bruins always kept the series lead. All of Tampa's wins were by five goals. Two of Boston's wins were shutouts (with one of them on the road). 

Vancouver was a total choke by the Canucks though. They had a 2-0 lead. Boston absolutely thrashed them in game three and four. Vancouver won game five 1-0 and proceeded to lose the next two games and only scored two goals on Thomas. Vancouver only scored 8 goals in 7 games. A Conn Smythe well deserved. Game six though was so embarrassing. Luongo allowed four goals in the first period and got pulled. 

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

They don't beat us without Thomas.

They don't beat Tampa without Thomas  7 games, includes a 1-0 game 7 win. 

They don't beat Vancouver without Thomas. 

The Bruins were regularly outshot in each of the three series.   Their powerplay was the worst ever for a cup champion. 

I thought the reason the Bruins won the cup that year was because of Claude Julien.

10 hours ago, JGC21 said:

I thought the reason the Bruins won the cup that year was because of Claude Julien.

I thought it was because the refs ignored how Boston mugged and bullied their way through each series, and also Tim Thomas flopping around playing like god