One player only

kingpicky

If the Habs could get one player only, who is available as we near the trading deadline, and would make the most impact,who would that be.Serious posts only. No humor , although I do enjoy that.What the hell, humor too.

• Upvote 2

Any love for Colby Armstrong. Said we need some humor. Love Colby on the tele.Is there a more underated goaltender in the NHL than Mike Condon. This guy is so good.Condon is one of those guys that can take you a long way if you get a couple of key pieces at the deadline.

11 minutes ago, DON said:

What is with all the new threads? Overkill!

A -6 score after only 10 posts is hard to do, we might be watching history unfold as he goes for the all-time record

• Upvote 1

While guys like Duchene and Shattenkirk are the big names out there, I wonder if Dmitry Kulikov could have a big impact if the Habs were to get him.  I know his health is still iffy (I covered that in a column on PHR last weekend) but I think he may be a good enough complement to Weber that Emelin could shift into a more suitable role.  The extra depth might also allow them to rest Markov a bit down the stretch which would also be ideal.  I can't see the Habs going after the big names but someone like Kulikov could really be a fit.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

While guys like Duchene and Shattenkirk are the big names out there, I wonder if Dmitry Kulikov could have a big impact if the Habs were to get him.  I know his health is still iffy (I covered that in a column on PHR last weekend) but I think he may be a good enough complement to Weber that Emelin could shift into a more suitable role.  The extra depth might also allow them to rest Markov a bit down the stretch which would also be ideal.  I can't see the Habs going after the big names but someone like Kulikov could really be a fit.

Yeah Kulikov was one guy I identified as a player to watch very early in the year.  Love the way he would fit with weber. 

Guest Stogey24
13 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Funny as it might sound, Thomas Vanek.

Vanek - Chuck - Radulov

Patches - Plek - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw

Byron - Mitchell - McCarron

Have him coached by Julien instead of Therrien.

Vanek has been such a band aid, but I do agree. Wouldn't have to break the bank and could potentially add another player...

Tyson Barrie is a guy I'd like to see in a Habs unifrom 

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Vanek has been such a band aid, but I do agree. Wouldn't have to break the bank and could potentially add another player...

Tyson Barrie is a guy I'd like to see in a Habs unifrom 

Yeah I am pretty sure he would not come back if Le Genius were still here.

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Patches - Chuck - Rad

Byron/Lehkonen - Plek - Jagr

Shaw - Danault - Gallagher

I mean it'd be interesting?

Jagr just too damn slow for this team.