Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens | February 18th, 2017 | 2:00 EST

Habsfan84

What I learned from watching this afternoon game is that I will not ruin sleep by staying up late to watch a regular time game.

Maybe instead of being buyers MB should concider being a seller at the deadlines.

Same old shit...the score was flattering thanks to Price being solid.  Very little sustained pressure in the WPG zone, and not enough shots when they did get set up.  Craptastic D-zone play, and soft as mush. 

Guest Stogey24
2 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I wouldn't mind moving Chucky and Beaulieu personally.

You realize Galchenyuk was a top 10 scorer before he got hurt. I guarantee he is still dealing with something 

Can't really say much about the first game back after the bye week as it's been awful for every team in the NHL, but it seems the only player that came back mentally fit from the break was Carey Price. 

Bergevin can go on and on about bringing in #character, but this is the exact same team as last season when it comes to overcoming adversity. When presented with a challenge they wither and play like losers. 

It was nice to see Price play better although his positioning was still a lot shakier than usual.  (Not square to the puck, over-committing on fakes, etc.)  It was also interesting to note that the 3rd period saw Danault back on the front line aside from the final few minutes.

I don't know what I expected after the layoff, but pretty crappy game overall. Of course...the break...new coach...but yeah. This team just isn't good enough. I don't think they have it anymore. I think Plekanec and Markov are past it, and they haven't replaced what they do for the team. (Top pairing/1A-2 C). Galchenyuk is whatever. Not good enough. Not good enough at all.

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

I think people expected some effort

NHL teams now have 2 wins in 16 games in the first game back from the bye..... 

Don't confuse sloppy play with lack of effort. 

Calling something a lack of effort, just because what the player tried didn't work doesn't make it true.  There is a difference between being sloppy and not trying. 

I don't know how much to read into this game, in reality it is the same team that Le Genius created. One good thing Price is back. So now the have a couple of days to practice, talk and figure this thing out. Most coaches hate Bye week, it just gets your team out of sync. They don't play till Tues when the will come out and kick the Rags ass. 39 games to the cup.:habslogo:

I'm not confused, there was a lack of effort period. 

Don't care what other teams do after the break, 2 of them won. 

Stop with all the excuses, these guys suck, just like last years bunch. 

Agree to disagree.

I see a team that didn't play well.

I don't think it was because they weren't trying though.  

Bad play does not mean lack of effort and equating the two is actually lazy analysis.

Its a cliche, anytime an athlete doesn't play well, fans say, lack of effort.