Am I the only Habs fan that has had enough of Galchenyuk?

THE Bobby Orr

I too want to see our centres be Danault, Plekanec, Desharnais, Mitchell and McCarron. 

The guy had 44 points in 45 games prior to his knee injury.  He needs to get his timing back, but to be done with him?  LOL...

Its been four years, he's 22, .... he's finished. 

1 hour ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

After 4 years...i'm done with this player.  I recall MB saying he wasn't sure where Galchenyuk fits in on this team...i say he doesn;t fit in.

Why not?

I have and still question the need for him to be a centre...other than Habs need centres and he is closest thing to one with skill.

He has struggled for 3 years to be a fit there and seems a bit too much for him to handle.

But, we all seem to love Radulov and Pacioretty and both are `just`wingers, so why not add to strength at wing and find some forward who knows what they are doing in the defensive zone to play centre.

14 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

galchenyuk "but coach its to hard to play center..."

galchenyuk "but coach practicing taking face-offs isn;t fun for me"

galchenyuk "but coach fly-byes is what i do best"

proving your point i see. 

1 hour ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

i'm a troll lol

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I don't understand how some can proclaim to be a Habs fans, with a Bruins name and avatar. 

Terrible. 

ive been a habs fan all my life and im prolly older than you are ... i believe Orr was the greatest defensemen and teammate ever (don't anyone argue this with me, its pointless)l.  so yes my avatar is my way of showing respect for arguably one of the all-time greatest

And pls don't lecture me on Galchenyuk..He was supposed to play a similar game to what Radulov brings..the truth is as plain as the nose on your collective faces.  i sincerely, truly, unabashedly, religiously  hope CJ finds a way to make Chucky the player he can be...not holding my breath though

Edited by THE Bobby Orr
  • Upvote 2

Thats all fine and dandy.

My point was that making up fake quotes to make a player look bad, while adding nothing else to the conversation, is not contributing to the discussion.  It is proving your little joke about trolling. 

Is Galchenyuk good enough in his own end today? No... Julien said as much, that his job is to teach Galchenyuk some of the little things he needs to do. Julien also said that Galchenyuk has been very receptive to his instruction so far.  That is what we do know today, so I don't understand the response to that being some made up shit. 

He's 22 and his only coach has been Therrien, don't we want to see what a good NHL coach can do with the guy?

• Upvote 1

..and by the way,to the guy who said "winning faceoffs is  not important' ...I say ask coach Muller what he thinks ...or better yet, go to a Habs practice before spewing nonsense.  100% of set plays are contingent on winning the faceoff:both in offensive and defensive zones.  look for CJ to put two centers on the same line for crucial faceoff situations when Chucky is on the ice...

No one said "winning faceoffs is not important"

I said that while they were important, they are vastly overrated amongst fans and commentators. 

They have the same importance as any other battle for a loose puck, in the corner, in front of the net, etc... 

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/why-faceoffs-arent-as-important-as-theyre-made-out-to-be

3 hours ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

After 4 years...i'm done with this player.  I recall MB saying he wasn't sure where Galchenyuk fits in on this team...i say he doesn;t fit in.

To answer your question YES i do believe you are the only one.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

No one said "winning faceoffs is not important"

I said that while they were important, they are vastly overrated amongst fans and commentators. 

They have the same importance as any other battle for a loose puck, in the corner, in front of the net, etc... 

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/why-faceoffs-arent-as-important-as-theyre-made-out-to-be

i stand corrected mon cher Commandant

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

He's 22 and his only coach has been Therrien, don't we want to see what a good NHL coach can do with the guy?

He is 23 and you have for past 5 seasons.

But, you also have seen the new coach, blend up the lines after only 2 periods and demote Galchenyuk, so what else do we need to see?

6 minutes ago, DON said:

But, you also have seen the new coach, blend up the lines after only 2 periods and demote Galchenyuk, so what else do we need to see?

Ya that...but i'm a troll...so let's wait another five years...

49 minutes ago, DON said:

He's on the second line today with Byron and Gallagher.

What do I want to see?  I want to see what he looks like after half a season of Julien instructing him on the defensive end of the ice.  Boston always had defensively responsible forwards with Julien, let's see what the guy can do in a few months of coaching Galchenyuk... and coaching is more than just what line he puts him on. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He's on the second line today with Byron and Gallagher.

What do I want to see?  I want to see what he looks like after half a season of Julien instructing him on the defensive end of the ice.  Boston always had defensively responsible forwards with Julien, let's see what the guy can do in a few months of coaching Galchenyuk... and coaching is more than just what line he puts him on. 

ok,,,now that's a fair answer.....for a non-troll

Edited by THE Bobby Orr

3 hours ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

ive been a habs fan all my life and im prolly older than you are ... i believe Orr was the greatest defensemen and teammate ever (don't anyone argue this with me, its pointless)l.  so yes my avatar is my way of showing respect for arguably one of the all-time greatest

And pls don't lecture me on Galchenyuk..He was supposed to play a similar game to what Radulov brings..the truth is as plain as the nose on your collective faces.  i sincerely, truly, unabashedly, religiously  hope CJ finds a way to make Chucky the player he can be...not holding my breath though

Who said he would play like Radulov, that is a new one?