Am I the only Habs fan that has had enough of Galchenyuk?

THE Bobby Orr

38 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Terrible most of the season?

He has a higher ppg this season than last year.  The only difference is the injury.

Yeah he's really bad.  If you think he's playing well then I don't know what to tell you.

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Terrible most of the season?

He has a higher ppg this season than last year.  The only difference is the injury.

So what. He's look like the shit the past 15 games. 

Probably you that rained down all those -1's too eh. 

I think some here are overreacting about Chucky! He's still young, only 23 years old. Look at Kadri in Toronto... took him 7 years to become a dominant forward (he's 25 now). Imagine Chucky two years from now! 

Patience gentlemen, patience!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

Yeah he's really bad.  If you think he's playing well then I don't know what to tell you.

Most of the season??  Most of the season??  That was the part i objected to, cause its 100% wrong. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Most of the season??  Most of the season??  That was the part i objected to, cause its 100% wrong. 

Yes most of the season. Even if he played well 41 games, which he didn't, he would still have played bad for most of the season. 

Just now, Habs owned the 70's said:

Well I guess a garbage goal in a meaningless game redeems him :huh:

You criticized him for his play against Buffalo and Tampa.  Games that were just as meaningless.  

I guess it only works one way?

The guy is a 60 point pace player, who has been a positive possession player all season, and scored numerous huge OT winners.  But he played terrible most of the season??  Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

Guest Stogey24

He's invisible for 95% of the game.

There's a reason Julien knocked his ice time down.

Tonight was his second goal in 17 games. 

Love that he scored the o.t winner tonight, but guess what, I wouldn't have even known he was play before that. 

He was invisible.

What about the scoring chance on the 2 on 1 where he was robbed by Mrazek and then bowled him over.

What about the play he set up on the powerplay. 

What about his other scoring chance in the second period. 

He actually had a pretty strong game, with weak linemates tonight. 

14 points in his last 20 games...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

You criticized him for his play against Buffalo and Tampa.  Games that were just as meaningless.  

I guess it only works one way?

The guy is a 60 point pace player, who has been a positive possession player all season, and scored numerous huge OT winners.  But he played terrible most of the season??  Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

Whatever dude, you obviously have more free time on your hands than I do to keep posting on this so I'm not going to take the bait again other than to say this.  I actually like chucky.  What I'm fed up with is his inability to be the number one centre this team needs.  I'm fed up with the expectations that he will ever be such a player.  He's one dimensional and has a zero defensive hockey IQ.  I'm fed up with his fragile mental state and immaturity that leaves him playing like sh!t when he loses confidence because they keep moving him when he fails as a centre and then bring him back like he has magically become a different player.  So I'm fed up with the coaching staff that doesn't recognize this up to this point.  Maybe Julien will come to this realization once and for all because I don't want to see him keep bouncing around between positions looking like a lost puppy night after night.  Right now he's a second line winger on this team.  Let him stay on the wing and use that one timer.   I don't expect anymore from him and wish everyone, including himself, can live with that.

27 minutes ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

Whatever dude, you obviously have more free time on your hands than I do to keep posting on this so I'm not going to take the bait again other than to say this.  I actually like chucky.  What I'm fed up with is his inability to be the number one centre this team needs.  I'm fed up with the expectations that he will ever be such a player.  He's one dimensional and has a zero defensive hockey IQ.  I'm fed up with his fragile mental state and immaturity that leaves him playing like sh!t when he loses confidence because they keep moving him when he fails as a centre and then bring him back like he has magically become a different player.  So I'm fed up with the coaching staff that doesn't recognize this up to this point.  Maybe Julien will come to this realization once and for all because I don't want to see him keep bouncing around between positions looking like a lost puppy night after night.  Right now he's a second line winger on this team.  Let him stay on the wing and use that one timer.   I don't expect anymore from him and wish everyone, including himself, can live with that.

well said...he was terrible again tonight...the fourth line players are getting just as much, if not more, ice-time than he's getting.  I hope Arturi gets promoted to top-six on a permanent basis. That kid tries on every shift and is very responsible without the puck    Watching #27 fumbling around out there is starting to get boring...

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

He was invisible.

What about the scoring chance on the 2 on 1 where he was robbed by Mrazek and then bowled him over.

What about the play he set up on the powerplay. 

What about his other scoring chance in the second period. 

He actually had a pretty strong game, with weak linemates tonight. 

14 points in his last 20 games...

i don't know what game you were watching bro....ya he had one or two good moments...but come on...

What the hell is Galchenyuk supposed to do with Steve Ott and Andreas Martinson as linemates? If either of those guys got a breakaway pass from Galchenyuk, they'd probably dump it in the corner and try to grind out a goal. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

What the hell is Galchenyuk supposed to do with Steve Ott and Andreas Martinson as linemates? If either of those guys got a breakaway pass from Galchenyuk, they'd probably dump it in the corner and try to grind out a goal. 

it's CJ's way of sending him a message....its all part of a master plan. have faith

1 minute ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

it's CJ's way of sending him a message....its all part of a master plan. have faith

I have no doubt the messages being sent to Galchenyuk are: A) shoot more (16.6% shooting percentage, but only 104 shots), and B) play better defensively. Playing him with Ott and Martinson does send those messages because A) relying on them to shoot is basically pointless, and B) you'll be playing a lot of defense anyway because getting meaningful offensive pressure with them would be nothing short of a miracle. 

My post above is just in exasperation to anyone who thought Galchenyuk SHOULD have looked good tonight skating with those anchors. 

His points per game have gone up every year. This year is a very respectable 72. He turned 23 like last week. He is still progressing and likely is not near his ceiling. Hate this kid. No hope for him

• Upvote 2

The Kadri example was excellent; some players need to have a simpler and more effective gameplan beaten into them over time, and I have faith that Julien will make him see that he HAS to change his game to reach his potential.  I think when he sees how much money his stubborn refusal to stop dipsy-doodling and just shoot the damn puck is going to cost him on his upcoming contract, he will be highly motivated to change going forward.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

His points per game have gone up every year. This year is a very respectable 72. He turned 23 like last week. He is still progressing and likely is not near his ceiling. Hate this kid. No hope for him

Great post.

Some.of the stuff said about him is maddening.

12 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

He's invisible for 95% of the game.

There's a reason Julien knocked his ice time down.

Tonight was his second goal in 17 games. 

Love that he scored the o.t winner tonight, but guess what, I wouldn't have even known he was play before that. 

Almost 1/3 of his goals this year were OT winners, quite something and the most in league.

Almost seems that those who wanted Pacioretty traded (every season at some point) have switched and now have #27 in their sights for ridicule.

Will never please everyone I suppose...fickle fans are just like shit leopards and can never change their spots.:sarcasm_on:

Guest Stogey24
22 minutes ago, DON said:

Almost seems that those who wanted Pacioretty traded (every season at some point) have switched and now have #27 in their sights for ridicule.

Will never please everyone I suppose...fickle fans are just like shit leopards and can never change their spots.:sarcasm_on:

Oh my. You lay into this kid constantly and now your pointing the finger. That's good!

Galchenyuk is my favourite player. He's just not competing even close to the way he can and should be.

Guy is one of the best talents in the league. I want no part of a trade, but I can guarantee Beregvin has had talks with Julien about what's going on right now with his player. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Great post.

Some.of the stuff said about him is maddening.

It will be a good test of the organization, how it handles Galchenyuk. A smart, elite organization, with an eye on the longer term, would take the approach of patience, recognize his high ceiling, and continue to invest effort and work in getting the most out of him. A mediocre, unimaginative organization looking for quick fixes would trade him for an older player with a lower ceiling but a more 'complete game.' We'll see how it plays out. I would not be surprised at all if he's gone before training camp.