Am I the only Habs fan that has had enough of Galchenyuk?

THE Bobby Orr

On 2017-06-27 at 9:56 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

Button was on NHL radio today and was asked about the Habs. He was asked about 3 specific players and he was on the mark with all of them.

Galchenyuk - he is the Habs best option at centre. Focus should be on what he brings to the table - not his shortcomings.  What he brings, the Habs don't have and probably can't acquire.  He should be played at centre.

Radulov - if he is looking for 6 or 7 years, you say thank you and see you later.  No way can you give $6 to $7m with term to radulov.  If someone else wants to give more than 3 years at that price, You say goodbye.

markov - if he wants $12m/2 yr deal, you say goodbye.  No way you risk more than 1 yr.  I'd do two years, but it would have to be cheap - which he wouldn't do.

There is a reason why Button is an ex-GM on tsn. At this point they can replace Radulov more easily than Markov. He should have been signed the day after the expansion draft so that Bergevin could concentrate on other areas. 

32 minutes ago, PMAC said:

There is a reason why Button is an ex-GM on tsn. At this point they can replace Radulov more easily than Markov. He should have been signed the day after the expansion draft so that Bergevin could concentrate on other areas. 

You will pay the $12m that Markov is demanding?

Radulov can be easily replaced? Your joking arnt you?

Radulov cannot be easily replaced, not even close.

However does that mean you take the huge risk on giving into his demands? Though i'm not entirely decided, I'd rather not go past 4 years.

2 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Radulov cannot be easily replaced, not even close.

However does that mean you take the huge risk on giving into his demands? Though i'm not entirely decided, I'd rather not go past 4 years.

I think 5 yrs would be acceptable, $6+/yr. But maybe some GM will offer him 6yr, I wouldn't. Would he go for a 4yr $28m deal? Is he worth that?

4 hours ago, DON said:

You will pay the $12m that Markov is demanding?

Radulov can be easily replaced? Your joking arnt you?

I was hoping for a discount but yes I would pay Markov his 6M/year.

We need him and its only a small raise from his last contract.

Who would you replace him with in our lineup Don?

5 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

I was hoping for a discount but yes I would pay Markov his 6M/year.

We need him and its only a small raise from his last contract.

Who would you replace him with in our lineup Don?

Sorry, who do you mean?

No matter, neither Markov or Radulov are easily replaced is what I meant. But Markov is basically a 2nd pairing guy who can not play top minutes anymore at his age and current footspeed (which will not get better over next two years), so Habs need an offensive partner for Weber regardless of Markov signing or not.