Antti Raanta

Team Leaders Montreal NY Rangers

Game Notes

Goals Pacioretty (28) Grabner (26) Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
Assists Radulov (28) Zuccarello (31) National TV: N/A
Points Pacioretty (50) Miller (46) Regional TV: RDS, SNE, MSG
PIMS Shaw (95) Kreider (38) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Weber (+12) Grabner (+28) French Radio: FM 98.5

Was hoping to see Emelin drop down the lineup, I haven't seen a reason to think he is any better on the top pairing than Beaulieu...I know, that's bad.:1gohabs:

3 hours ago, KoRP said:

Was hoping to see Emelin drop down the lineup, I haven't seen a reason to think he is any better on the top pairing than Beaulieu...I know, that's bad.:1gohabs:

Emelin was bad last game, but Beaulieu was also terrible.  Not sure he gave Julien any reason to put him higher in the lineup. 

They need an acquisition. 

• Upvote 1

I have Faith. The boys have had a couple of days to absorb the new way of doing things, Price is back. Le Genius took the blender and the Scotch with him, so I see a win coming up tonite. AV and the Rags are going down.

:1gohabs::clap::1gohabs:

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Emelin was bad last game, but Beaulieu was also terrible.  Not sure he gave Julien any reason to put him higher in the lineup. 

They need an acquisition. 

Yep^

The lines are different tonight according to the game thread so I agree that it will tie a few games to get everything together. I specifically think Galchenyuk and Gallagher might take a few games to get their chemistry back to peak level. If we're going to try that duo out even once, I'd keep it together for at least 10 games.

I'm on the fence with this one. Feeling pretty good about it but also not overly optimistic at the same time. :habslogo::gohabsgo::habslogo:

Pateryn takes Nesterov's spot in the line-up tonight. That makes sense considering Nesterov only played 12 minutes last game.

Don't really get the thought of Pateryn being available however. Unless Bergevin has another move up his sleeve we don't have anyone capable of playing 7th defenceman. We saw that it really didn't work with Redmond which is why he's in the AHL. Guess we could always call up superstar Johnston. 

3 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

Pateryn takes Nesterov's spot in the line-up tonight. That makes sense considering Nesterov only played 12 minutes last game.

Don't really get the thought of Pateryn being available however. Unless Bergevin has another move up his sleeve we don't have anyone capable of playing 7th defenceman. We saw that it really didn't work with Redmond which is why he's in the AHL. Guess we could always call up superstar Johnston. 

we just picked up Keegan Lowe, all is good now:sarcasm_on:

Guest Stogey24
40 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

The lines are different tonight according to the game thread so I agree that it will tie a few games to get everything together. I specifically think Galchenyuk and Gallagher might take a few games to get their chemistry back to peak level. If we're going to try that duo out even once, I'd keep it together for at least 10 games.

I'm on the fence with this one. Feeling pretty good about it but also not overly optimistic at the same time. :habslogo::gohabsgo::habslogo:

This is just my opinion, but I never really thought those two had great chemistry together. 

2 hours ago, Habsfan84 said:

I think the likely outcome here would be that Pateryn is dealt for something and then the Habs turn around and add a rental player with Nesterov serving as the #7.

3 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Me too. Call me goofacious, but I think we'll have a good end to the season. 

1 minute ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

i thought we were the better team for the most part...

Same here.  That was a pretty good period from the Habs, better than what we've seen lately.  The penalty kill looks way more aggressive than what they've been lately too.