We Have a Trade to Announce: Keegan Lowe for Phillip Samuelsson

Commandant

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

Another reight out of left field trade by MB. I will bet no one saw this coming. And just what we need another 1/2 assed defenceman for the minors. Sheer genius I tells ya.:sarcasm_on:

This was my write-up on Samuelsson yesterday in the trade odds:

Philip Samuelsson: 30% - He was signed to be someone who could be called up in a pinch, landed in Sylvain Lefebvre’s doghouse in the preseason and has been a card-carrying member ever since.  The Habs need to get a left shot blueliner in St. John’s that they’re comfortable calling up if injuries strike.  Since Samuelsson isn’t fitting the bill, it’s not crazy to think that they’ll try to move him for someone that they would be more comfortable using if need be.

They didn't exactly get someone they'd be more comfortable using though.  They just got a warm body who probably isn't going to play a whole lot.  A pretty disappointing deal overall as Samuelsson is considerably better, it's too bad Lefebvre's unwillingness to change opinions on players that land in the doghouse cost St. John's what should have been a top pairing defender.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

This was my write-up on Samuelsson yesterday in the trade odds:

They didn't exactly get someone they'd be more comfortable using though.  They just got a warm body who probably isn't going to play a whole lot.  A pretty disappointing deal overall as Samuelsson is considerably better, it's too bad Lefebvre's unwillingness to change opinions on players that land in the doghouse cost St. John's what should have been a top pairing defender.

Now how did I miss that Brian? You were probably the closest to the mark. Lefebvre has got to go. Is it time to start the "when does Lefebvre get fired? Makes more sense than when does CJ get fired. Which will be right after they hire Alain V. :D