Montreal Canadiens vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | February 25th, 2017 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

Wow, could that line up get any smaller or softer. 

Not for sure the official line-up but that is what they practiced with yesterday. Ya that fourth line wont scare anyone. Hopefully just showcasing ahead of the trade deadline for the players that will be included in the deal to make the financial terms work. 

There is also talk of Julien splitting up the top duo of Emelin and Weber who are a minus 7 over their last 7 games. Julien said "Nothing’s set in stone here" when asked about those two. 

Maybe DD can make a tape to tape? But then again, Michell or Ghetto would miss the net, so there's that.

I couldn't say McCarron stays on his feet any better than DD over his last few games, so whatever...

Switch Shaw and Gallagher and get Emelin off the top pairing and I'd be happier.

Too much doom and gloom, we cannot lose to the forking laffs. I believe that there was a law passed after 3 Royal Commissions that says it is illegal for the Habs to lose to tarawna.

We are the better the better and the floodgates will open. And stay open.

:canada::clap::gohabsgo:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, KoRP said:

Switch Shaw and Gallagher and get Emelin off the top pairing and I'd be happier.

I think they like the idea of that Plekanec line (which, based on recent ice time with Julien, I'd probably call #2) being a checking unit.  They can't do that if Gallagher and Shaw flip spots. 

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think they like the idea of that Plekanec line (which, based on recent ice time with Julien, I'd probably call #2) being a checking unit.  They can't do that if Gallagher and Shaw flip spots. 

Never considered it that way, I was thinking the idea of giving Galchenyuk some help to score, not Plekanec to check.  Hopefully Gallagher's hand gets better, then I'd be happy where he's at.

Bozak may not play for the Leafs tonight (game-time decision); Ben Smith was in his spot during line rushes at their game day skate.  Worth noting, Babcock noted it's not an injury-related thing which has resulted in all sorts of speculation.  Him being out would be a nice break for the Habs though.

Guest Stogey24
39 minutes ago, KoRP said:

Never considered it that way, I was thinking the idea of giving Galchenyuk some help to score, not Plekanec to check.  Hopefully Gallagher's hand gets better, then I'd be happy where he's at.

The problem is he was shit before the hand injury. Really like Gallagher, but he's a trade chip that can reap a return. 

You're probably right Stogey... he may have value, but worries me that he may need till the playoffs to get back to what he can really do, and that we trade away a young guy that has proven he can score a bit.

Guest Stogey24
6 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

And sell low?..

His trade value hasn't changed. Teams know what they're getting. I don't see another way to get a quality D-man 

I'm looking forward to this one actually. I've always enjoyed Saturday games against the Leafs. 

I agree with Will, the force is strong with Price on Saturdays and Gallagher will get off the Schneid. 

:gohabsgo:

wondering who the English broadcaster will be? Hoping its not Bob Cole who I don't think sees what is actually going on or Dave Randorph who has an odd lisping style. There has got to be some better talent available

Well were chasing again as we're down by 1 after the first period. The Leafs goal was a bit of a fluke.

I thought that Desharnais has been one of the Habs best forwards thus far. Gallagher also seems to have a bit of jump. The Markov and Weber pairing has looked alright so far. Kinda frustrated with Weber on the powerplay at the end of the period. We win the faceoff and get possession to start the powerplay but a pass from Markov gets fumbled out of the zone by Weber and we never gain possession in the Leafs zone for the rest of the period.

1 hour ago, miklin said:

wondering who the English broadcaster will be? Hoping its not Bob Cole who I don't think sees what is actually going on or Dave Randorph who has an odd lisping style. There has got to be some better talent available

Seems like I never get to hear John Bartlett when the Habs are on the free game. Pretty much hate the national announcers on CBC.

6 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

Well were chasing again as we're down by 1 after the first period. The Leafs goal was a bit of a fluke.

Poor Nesterov - usually he doesn't defend but this time, it was his actual proper positioning and defending that wound up resulting in the goal.  Had he been his usual out of position, Price probably stops that.