Montreal Canadiens vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | February 25th, 2017 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

So basically Therrien has damaged this team more than we really know. 

Bergevin. Don't blame Therrien. Blame Bergevin. The blame is squarely on Bergevin. Bergevin signed all of his golfing buddies to take jobs in Montreal. Bergevin kept Therrien around longer than he should have. Bergevin deflected blame for the likes of Sylvain and Lacroix and JJ and put it on him while acting like leadership in the locker room was a problem as justification for trading PK Subban (who is now healthy with a .65 points per game average compared to Weber's .55)

You can blame Therrien for the on-ice product, but you have to ultimately blame Bergevin because these were his choices. Absolutely nothing in the media has suggested that Molson is a meddler aside from one story that he might have stepped in to ensure PK's contract got signed. Everything else is him trusting Bergevin. This is not a Ronald Corey situation. This all falls on Marc Bergevin ultimately. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Bergevin. Don't blame Therrien. Blame Bergevin. The blame is squarely on Bergevin. Bergevin signed all of his golfing buddies to take jobs in Montreal. Bergevin kept Therrien around longer than he should have. Bergevin deflected blame for the likes of Sylvain and Lacroix and JJ and put it on him while acting like leadership in the locker room was a problem as justification for trading PK Subban (who is now healthy with a .65 points per game average compared to Weber's .55)

You can blame Therrien for the on-ice product, but you have to ultimately blame Bergevin because these were his choices. Absolutely nothing in the media has suggested that Molson is a meddler aside from one story that he might have stepped in to ensure PK's contract got signed. Everything else is him trusting Bergevin. This is not a Ronald Corey situation. This all falls on Marc Bergevin ultimately. 

Great post.

15 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I write for a second site called Pro Hockey Rumors (it's the hockey version of MLBTR for those who know what that is).  It's a part-time job for me so when I'm on shift there, I can't really work on anything for HW.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/

Hey that is great, now I have another place to look for rumors. You are a busy boy Brian.

as to you other 2 do you know how many comedians are out of work? There is one on HIO show that should be.

48 minutes ago, Neech said:

I was talking about Hudon.

If Hudon was good enough to protect, you protect him. Montreal made the same decision with Lehkonen. Why leave Hudon in the minors for that?

It's pretty clear at this point the organization doesn't like Hudon for some reason. I think it has to do with Sylvain. I bet you if the Habs fired Sylvain in the summer, the next coach would come in and wonder why the team never called Hudon up. 

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'd like to see Hudon up to know what Julien would see in him.  I get the impression Therrien didn't like him, but Julien might, we don't know.  Doubt he's had time to see what the habs have in the minors. 

This is why I'm convinced it's on Sylvain more than Therrien. 

I like Byron but if a team called up about him, maybe a cap strapped team that wanted a guy who could play up and down the lineup with elite speed, I'd trade him for what I could get and bring Hudon instead for the 3LW role. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I'd like to see Hudon up to know what Julien would see in him.  I get the impression Therrien didn't like him, but Julien might, we don't know.  Doubt he's had time to see what the habs have in the minors. 

I get impression Bergevin-Dudley-LaCarriere-Mellanby-Lapointe are not sold on Hudon...and had zero to do with Therrien. It is Mgmt group who watches/reviews AHL games not Hab coaches.

35 minutes ago, DON said:

I get impression Bergevin-Dudley-LaCarriere-Mellanby-Lapointe are not sold on Hudon...and had zero to do with Therrien. It is Mgmt group who watches/reviews AHL games not Hab coaches.

Julien: How about calling up that Hudon kid? He's putting up points and singlehandedly winning his team games.

Habs management: Yes, but he's not doing it the way we want him to. 

1 hour ago, DON said:

Therrien has seen him for at least three preseasons, plus 6 NHL games.  Julien hasn't even gotten that. 

On 2/25/2017 at 0:08 PM, Habsfan84 said:

photo February 25th Leafs.jpg

On 2/25/2017 at 4:09 PM, illWill said:

Habs win 3-2 and turn their season around after this game 

I called the score of this game, and it was the start of this 4 game win streak. Excuse me while I go buy some Lotto 6/49

• Upvote 1