Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Montreal Canadiens | February 28th, 2017 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

16 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

#Habs coach Julien told MB Galchenyuk should play wing & they should stop wasting his talents developing as a centre. #mtlhockey

Translation 1:  Ouch.

Translation 2:  Get me Duchene.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

#Habs coach Julien told MB Galchenyuk should play wing & they should stop wasting his talents developing as a centre. #mtlhockey

Source?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, lazy26 said:

Source?

some random twitter account that apparently gets quotes of the meetings of habs management and coaches that happen behind closed doors. 

https://twitter.com/mtlhockeytalk

not exaclty reliable, and if you go through the time line its a lot of throwing shit at the wall. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

some random twitter account that apparently gets quotes of the meetings of habs management and coaches that happen behind closed doors. 

https://twitter.com/mtlhockeytalk

not exaclty reliable, and if you go through the time line its a lot of throwing shit at the wall. 

Ok, thanks!

Assuming lines match throughout game and the two second lines face off this will be a big test for habs second unit, jackets second line is a beast imo. 

Agreed that jackets 4th line is highly paid and also seem to have come back to earth since their hot start to season. 

Like leks and ghetto but not on fourth line. Problem is with DD in lineup you can't put those three together due to minimum height requirements to get onto the roller coaster.

marky on first pairing scares me a bit, but him and petry on 2nd pairing is way too soff, and the third pairing always takes a lot of dump and chase banging from other teams 3-4 lines and don't want his  old body taking that abuse so don't see a better place for him. 

Benn looks to be a more experienced, more expensive version of patteryn. Great move for patteryn but don't think it will make a difference to team fortunes. 

CP31 will have to be the difference as has been the case for far too long.

Edited by hockeyrealist
Typo
  • Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
CANADIENS STATISTIC BLUE JACKETS
CANADIENS STATISTIC BLUE JACKETS
33-21-8 Record 39-16-5
3-6-1 L10 Record 6-4-0
52.75 Score-adjusted Corsi % 51.58
172 Goals For 199
160 Goals Against 145
1.17 5v5 Goal Ratio 1.30
21.1 PP% 22.3
80.5 PK% 82.4

31 minutes ago, Habsfan1989 said:

True test to see if we truly have turned the corner. When's the last time we beat a team a head of us in the standings.

Not too long ago. Feb 21 against the Rangers

Anyone else having issues with Rogers NHL Gamecentre tonight? Seems like all the games featuring Canadian teams are blacked out for me. Missed the first period.

4 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

Anyone else having issues with Rogers NHL Gamecentre tonight? Seems like all the games featuring Canadian teams are blacked out for me. Missed the first period.

A storm made my dish lose the signal so I got to see a black screen too for a good chunk of the period.  (Not exactly the same thing though...)

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

A storm made my dish lose the signal so I got to see a black screen too for a good chunk of the period.  (Not exactly the same thing though...)

Either way I'm sure still quite annoying for you as well. Do you have NHL CENTRE ICE through satellite? Wondering if that is different then the Rogers NHL Gamecentre.

Guest Stogey24
Just now, JGC21 said:

McCarron looks so lost out there.  The guy just isn't ready.

I thought this was a better game for him. Hitting everything is sight 

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I thought this was a better game for him. Hitting everything is sight 

He's fallen down twice badly, his passes are off and he seems so slow.