Desharnais traded to Edmonton

dlbalr

This looks like a cap move. Davidson is a left handed defence, strictly for depth I would say.

Precursor to another trade where they need money.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Worth noting, Davidson is signed beyond this season with a cap hit of $1.425 million so this adds to the payroll for next year.

But not 3.45 mill, I know dd is ufa but Mark down markie needs some cash this year he just got some.

3 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

You would think something else is coming if they took on another cap hit.

Two straight days of adding d-men signed beyond this season certainly is interesting, isn't it?  (To be fair, Pateryn had another year as well...)

I'm thinking another trade is coming involving one of MTL's defencemen.  With Davidson and Benn coming in, does that mean Beaulieu's on his way out?  The next 15 hours will be interesting.

Some Edmonton people thought Davidson would be who they lost in the expansion draft - maybe the Habs feel the same way about Vegas liking him and aren't worried about the hit for next season?

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Some Edmonton people thought Davidson would be who they lost in the expansion draft - maybe the Habs feel the same way about Vegas liking him and aren't worried about the hit for next season?

They certainly stocked up on D that could be taken by Vegas for cheap. If Vegas even wants a D from Montreal.

Far too early to say who Vegas will take aside from someone good from Minnesota. 

Davidson was a good defensive d last year, but turned to shit this year. 

Maybe they can fix him.

If not, he's cheap press box fodder, and we cleared cap space to get a forward tomorrow. 

Bet you Beaulieu is gone tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Bet you Beaulieu is gone tomorrow.

You just might be right. Although MB does love stock piling defensemen so I wouldn't be surprised either way 

Thanks for the services rendered Davey! Good luck in Edmonton.

With 8 d-men (6 of which are lefties) My guess is that something is gonna happen tomorrow!