Desharnais traded to Edmonton

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Bet you Beaulieu is gone tomorrow.

I'm beginning to wonder, Beaulieu gone tomorrow, or Petry? He's been equally dumb, even dumber...

The video clip SN showed on Davidson tonight, looked like he is one strong and physical defenseman, I'm not opposed to that in the bottom pairing at least, especially if one of our D gets traded, Emelin, Petry or Beaulieu?

23 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

While it was definitely time to part ways with DD, and I am amazed we got back any sort of NHL asset in return for his services, unlike many hereabouts I do feel a bit sad to see him go. He was part of the Habs during some pretty decent years and *was* a good player for us for a number of seasons. I also think that his story - an undrafted, tiny, not-especially-fast player relying wholly on smarts, vision and guile to carve out a career in the big leagues against all odds - was a great one and under-appreciated by the fanbase. Best wishes to Davey, may he find a home in Edmonton.

He was a guy who was grossly overused.  If they converted him to the wing and had him as part of a scoring 3rd line he would have been fine.  Having him as a 1st liner and on the PP after galchenyuk was around was stupidity and brought on the hate.

unless there is a bigger trade tomorrow, it's dumb adding more fringe player contracts for an expiring contract.

5 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

He was a guy who was grossly overused.  If they converted him to the wing and had him as part of a scoring 3rd line he would have been fine.  Having him as a 1st liner and on the PP after galchenyuk was around was stupidity and brought on the hate.

unless there is a bigger trade tomorrow, it's dumb adding more fringe player contracts for an expiring contract.

I agree with this. Habs have added 2 defensemen that don't solve their issue of needing a mobile, puck-moving defenseman to play with Weber... so what's the point? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KoRP said:

I'm beginning to wonder, Beaulieu gone tomorrow, or Petry? He's been equally dumb, even dumber...

The video clip SN showed on Davidson tonight, looked like he is one strong and physical defenseman, I'm not opposed to that in the bottom pairing at least, especially if one of our D gets traded, Emelin, Petry or Beaulieu?

Habs have 6 LHD  and 2 RHD.

Don't think its Petry going. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

Habs have 6 LHD  and 2 RHD.

Don't think its Petry going. 

Ah yeah, and as Trizzak said a full NMC...so yeah you are right no doubt.

9 hours ago, bbp said:

All I know is that my Edmonton friends are really sad to see Davidson go

Actually it is amazing that MB  got anything for DD. He wasn't playing and when he did, he wasn't very good. He is about 5 ft 7 and 160 pounds, and not fast. Price says he was one of his good friends and wishes him the best of luck. I think we should all do the same. He played his heart out all the time, effort was never a problem, he was just too small. Welcome to Davidson, hope he does well.

10 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Actually it is amazing that MB  got anything for DD. He wasn't playing and when he did, he wasn't very good. He is about 5 ft 7 and 160 pounds, and not fast. Price says he was one of his good friends and wishes him the best of luck. I think we should all do the same. He played his heart out all the time, effort was never a problem, he was just too small. Welcome to Davidson, hope he does well.

All of my hate for DD are a result of how le genius utilized him

DD in Montreal was a pretty cool story. To go undrafted with low speed and small size and rely on vision and smarts to become a .5 ppg player over 500 games. He was over used by MT but that was not his fault. He was never a first or second line centre but managed to produce for a few years in that role. I hope he does well and picks up a job after this year. Wish him well. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/28/2017 at 11:44 PM, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

AWhile it was definitely time to part ways with DD, and I am amazed we got back any sort of NHL asset in return for his services, unlike many hereabouts I do feel a bit sad to see him go. He was part of the Habs during some pretty decent years and *was* a good player for us for a number of seasons. I also think that his story - an undrafted, tiny, not-especially-fast player relying wholly on smarts, vision and guile to carve out a career in the big leagues against all odds - was a great one and under-appreciated by the fanbase. Best wishes to Davey, may he find a home in Edmonton.

A noble sendoff. Well said CC