Deadline Day GDT

dlbalr

This makes more sense for them - Filppula (with some retention), a 4th, and a conditional 7th for Streit.  Tampa clears some salary for next year with this move.  Do they turn around and flip Streit now?

Well we definitely look a lot more pesky with a lineup of Ott, Martinson and King. Add in Shaw and that's an extremely annoying bottom 6. 

Not saying that good or bad, but it's there.

To be honest, I'm thoroughly enjoying some change!

38 minutes ago, bbp said:

How much has our average team height increased from yesterday to today :))

Yeah, but I don't think we are really much better.  Marginal short players, for Marginal bigger players isn't the type of mod moves we need.  We need skill and offence up front and the blue line.  I guess MB didn't learn that from his time in Chicago.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Yeah, but I don't think we are really much better.  Marginal short players, for Marginal bigger players isn't the type of mod moves we need.  We need skill and offence up front and the blue line.  I guess MB didn't learn that from his time in Chicago.

In and of themselves, these moves will help. But you're absolutely right that we needed to add a *significant* piece.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

In and of themselves, these moves will help. But you're absolutely right that we needed to add a *significant* piece.

I don't see how these deals will really help when they haven't addressed any of our fundamental needs.  Increasing the size of our lineup didn't address any of our major weaknesses.

Buffalo doesn't make any moves per Elliotte Friedman.  That's a surprise with Franson/Kulikov.  I wanted Kulikov.

Vrbata's staying put as well which is intriguing.  I guess the asking price didn't come down.

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

I don't see how these deals will really help when they haven't addressed any of our fundamental needs.  Increasing the size of our lineup didn't address any of our major weaknesses.

Totally agree. I just mean that we've added size, grit, and Cup experience - which will probably prove valuable over a long Cup run. But we did NOT add the skill needed to make us a top-end threat to make a long Cup run in the first place. We're going to just hope the team gets hot and Price goes lights-out.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Totally agree. I just mean that we've added size, grit, and Cup experience - which will probably prove valuable over a long Cup run. But we did NOT add the skill needed to make us a top-end threat to make a long Cup run in the first place. We're going to just hope the team gets hot and Price goes lights-out.

Cup experience is such a overhyped intangible used at the deadline.

So if true that the Habs are done, doesn't it feel like we have too many roster players at the moment?  Wondering if there is another shoe to drop...

Assume McCarron goes back to the AHL, but doesn't that still leave us heavy?

Just now, nhfarber said:

Assume McCarron goes back to the AHL, but doesn't that still leave us heavy?

I'm not sure he's going down.  The AHL's site just updated a bunch of transactions and he's not on there.  Big mistake in my opinion if true.

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

Wow. Ya, all in my ass. This team did not improve where it should have. 

It doesn't look like teams were willing to budge on anything. Very light TDL.

I would rather not overpay for someone especially if Colorado was asking for something ridicules .