Deadline Day GDT

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Streit to PIT for a 4th, Stafford to BOS for a conditional 6th, Korpikoski to CBJ for D prospect Dillon Heatherington.

I don't understand why Beregvin wouldn't go after Stafford. At least there is some potential for goals. 

I understand this shit has zero affect on my life, but I'm actually pissed. 

This tells me Beregvin doesn't have faith in this team, once again. 

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I wouldn't have wanted us to even trade a 2nd rounder for a washed up, old vrbata.  But really was hoping to fill one of our 2 major holes (top D, or top 6).  Instead, we now have 3 lines of 4th liners

I think it's a stretch to call Danault, Byron and Plekanec "4th liners." They don't feel like top 6 material, though. For legitimate top 6, we've only got Patches, Radulov, Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

18 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Does anybody know why Vrbata didn't move for the second year in a row?

Overrated by whatever team he plays for.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I wouldn't have wanted us to even trade a 2nd rounder for a washed up, old vrbata.  But really was hoping to fill one of our 2 major holes (top D, or top 6).  Instead, we now have 3 lines of 4th liners

I worded that poorly. What's worse: not trading for Vrbata when nobody gave anything for him, or not trading for anything?

I don't see how Vrbata gets a second when he didn't get a single thing. If Bergevin tossed a 4th with Carr for Vrbata, is Arizona gonna say nah, we'll go with nothing instead? Seriously, when Parenteau has 13 goals to his name and only goes for a sixth, and Montreal is giving up 4ths for Dwight King, who is to say Radim was a 2nd or nothing?

11 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Who did you want MB to go after exactly? 

Anyone that can play on the top 2 lines? There was a board of players available, HELL Stafford went for a 6th round pick.

Just now, Trizzak said:

Habs bring in 16 goals worth of players

Habs send out 7 goals worth of players. 

+9 differential, you guys! The season is saved!

Praise be to MB!

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I don't understand why Beregvin wouldn't go after Stafford. Why you and I arnt a NHL GM. At least there is some potential for goals. 

I understand this shit has zero affect on my life, but I'm actually pissed. I can see disappointed but not pissed.

This tells me Beregvin doesn't have faith in this team, once again. How so?

7 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I don't understand why Beregvin wouldn't go after Stafford. At least there is some potential for goals. 

Did Winnipeg retain?  Boston had the space to absorb Stafford in full, Montreal didn't.

At the end of the day, did any team really make a major move for a top 6? Outside of Vanek and Stafford (who has been a top 6 producer once in the last 5 years), what other big names at forward were moved/acquired? No, neither Iggy nor Hanzal are top 6.

The entire trade deadline was all about spare parts, save Shattenkirk. 

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Habs bring in 16 goals worth of players

Habs send out 7 goals worth of players. 

+9 differential, you guys! The season is saved!

Hey that is great, I was a little worried there for a moment. Now I know the cup is coming.:sarcasm_on:

5 minutes ago, bar said:

Anyone that can play on the top 2 lines? There was a board of players available, HELL Stafford went for a 6th round pick.

Sure...just toss Sergachev at em and he could of easily made that happen! (But...see Filip Forsberg trade)

30 minutes ago, nhfarber said:

So with McCarron, my count puts us at 25 players...

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Shaw-Plekanec-Byron

King-Mitchell-Ott

Weber-Markov

Petry-Emelin

Benn-Beaulieu

Price

Extras:  Flynn, Martinsen, McCarron, Davidson, Nesterov, Montoya

If plek and Gallagher can start scoring, that's a good looking roster. Missing a mobile defenseman and a top 6 Centre , but the rest of the league also wants that. 

Just now, DON said:

Sure...just toss Sergachev at em and he could of easily made that happen! (But...see Filip Forsberg trade)

Yeah I obviously meant  trade Sergachev for Drew Stafford, are you dumb? All I ever see you do is play the devil's advocate card, I don't know why I am even wasting my time responding to you, trolls get off on the attention.

1 minute ago, mineral said:

At the end of the day, did any team really make a major move for a top 6? Outside of Vanek and Stafford (who has been a top 6 producer once in the last 5 years), what other big names at forward were moved/acquired? No, neither Iggy nor Hanzal are top 6.

We have a winner!

I'm disappointed that we didn't land that top six player to help scoring but I'm also glad MB didn't overpay either and by the looks of it no teams were willing to budge. Every team is trying to get better and if Serg was the asking price Colorado was going for then they can shove it! 

It's getting to a point where you have to consider what MB plan is for this team going forward. Does he want a team that wins games 2-1 every night and his bringing in big bodies as a sign of his change in philosophy, or if the deals were really that bad at the deadline, and all that was available was 4th liners.

Stafford is bad this season.

The problem is Montreal didn't even try to find a middle six forward who could play top six just not relied to be one. The closest to that is King and if King plays top six? Barf.

Anyway it's for the best. Bergevin just showed he's out of tricks. Now the excuses in the downfall.

Guest Stogey24
20 minutes ago, mineral said:

At the end of the day, no true contender has a glaring weakness like the Habs do. 

Like I said, 30th in the league in scoring in February. Yet, we add ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that can help this team put the puck in the net. Atleast bring in a dark horse player. 

The window is almost no more. 

4 minutes ago, huzer said:

People seem to forget that most teams "selling" are getting assets for UFAs that would walk at the end of the year. Seriously, take a look at the forwards that were traded today. Look at the top UFA lists for 2017...most of those players are already on playoff bound teams. I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, but man, this fan base expects the moon more often than not.

To be fair the fans expected deals to be made before this season that would increase offense, he didn't deliver, so you cannot blame fans for hoping beyond reason that he would actually go for it this year, especially with Montreal's cup chances closing.

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Well I'd rather Mitchell, but that's not how it works. 

Danault is playing as our first line center, Mitchell is our 4th. I'm also throwing in a first rounder and Beaulieu. Your comparison is more off than mine.