Habs trade Sven Andrighetto to Colorado

dlbalr

5 minutes ago, mineral said:

Not what i was hoping to see in a deal with Colorado. Barely has spent any time in the AHL and i'm guess that's where he is headed.

It's not an AHL pickup - he needs waivers and he'll be ineligible to play there in 40 minutes.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It's not an AHL pickup - he needs waivers and he'll be ineligible to play there in 40 minutes.

I'm on the phone at work, so i'm shooting from the hip here. Thanks for clarifying. Really begs the question on who's on the block, i.e. who can/will sit?

Flynn, Byron, Lehkonen (i really hope not)?

6 minutes ago, mineral said:

I'm on the phone at work, so i'm shooting from the hip here. Thanks for clarifying. Really begs the question on who's on the block, i.e. who can/will sit?

Flynn, Byron, Lehkonen (i really hope not)?

If it's me making the call, I'd have Flynn and Martinsen sit with McCarron going back to St. John's (he'll be ineligible to play if he's not sent down by 3).

Here's what I mean Re: McCarron:

• Upvote 1

Julien ready to treat the remainder of the season like the pre-season with so many guys fighting for a shot.

Small, fast depth forward with minimal offence for a BIG  fast depth forward with minimal offence= a meh +

I have to chuckle, I'm at the Avs game tonight. Quite the build up for Andrighetto this evening. "Extremely gifted offensive top 6 player that will be able to step in and contribute immediately."

When the Avs aren't doing well, lots of free tickets for the youth hockey leagues.

55 minutes ago, huzer said:

I have to chuckle, I'm at the Avs game tonight. Quite the build up for Andrighetto this evening. "Extremely gifted offensive top 6 player that will be able to step in and contribute immediately."

If Matt Nieto could go from waivers to their top six in a hurry, Andrighetto could conceivably get some playing time in a scoring role as well.

As someone that follows Colorado more than anyone else here does, what's the word on Martinsen?  Everything I've seen suggests he can hit...and not much more but he looked pretty good against the Rangers.

It is so hard to judge any of the players. I attempted to decipher the system they were playing and could not. The team is just bad. Andrighetto played with Duchene and Rantanen. Of course it's also a team sporting Rene Bourque on its first line.

I do remember Martinsen standing out for his size and speed. He looked good on his goal against Montreal. Blew by Petry at the point and scored on an odd man rush. I can't figure out anything Bednar is doing, so I don't know if he could have been better utilized or not. I think he most often played with Colborne/Soderberg here.

Martinsen has only been in North America for 2 years though right? So not the most scouted guy around, at least by Habs fans.

He sure looked good for the Habs so far, hitting and even created a couple of decent chances.

I don't miss Andrighetto's meh contributions, which were less than minimal.

13 hours ago, huzer said:

When the Avs aren't doing well, lots of free tickets for the youth hockey leagues.

:lol::lol::lol:

If that's their scouting report on Ghetto, they're in worse trouble than I thought