Nashville Predators vs. Montreal Canadiens | March 2nd, 2017 | 7:30 EST

Habsfan84

I can't imagine they're going to keep McCarron up, he'll never get in the lineup with Ott, Martinsen and Flynn rotating on the 4th line.  McCarron needs to play top minutes in the AHL, enough already.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Mitchell eventually comes out of the lineup. Local boy or not he's going to be my whipping boy from now on until he scores at least two goals. 

Should be a good game. Let's go for a 4-2 win. Carey's allowed to be better than that as well (won't say the word).

:gohabsgo:

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If that Nashville lineup was the Habs lineup I'd be a lot more confident about a Cup run. Both clubs are weak down the middle but Nashville has stronger depth support on the wing and that top four defence is basically two first pairings.

You forgot to mention the goalies 

• Upvote 1

Morning Skate.

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
King - McCarron - Mitchell
(Martinsen - Ott - Flynn)

Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Benn
(Davidson - Nesterov)

My girlfriend and I  are attending tonight.

Our record is 9-0-0.

I hope that PK will give us a good show but will not ruin our clean sheet.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, illWill said:

Pekka Rinne seems to be their equivalent to Plekanec - a big salary and a huge, structurally crucial part of the team who picked the wrong time to get old.

Guest Stogey24
39 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Morning Skate.

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
King - McCarron - Mitchell
(Martinsen - Ott - Flynn)

Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Benn
(Davidson - Nesterov)

Lehkonen was flyin last game. Hope he can keep that up

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Playoff save percentage

Rinne: .912

Price: .912

I've also really liked Saros so far. Not a big goalie which could hurt him in the future but his play has had a ton of confidence behind it.

While I know he's capable of it, we have only seen Carey Price as a Hart trophy goalie. We have never seen Conn Smythe Price. That's the only way Montreal bests a Metro team.

Oh well. This is the matchup EA SPORTS said we'd get for the finals. Enjoy!

Should be fun to watch PK and Weber will be up for it. Looks like we get to see what King brings. I loved PK when he was here but he is an ex hab now so 0 goals and 0 assists should be just about right  for him and the rest of the preds as well. Rinne gets pulled in the second would be nice.

:gohabsgo::clap::1gohabs:

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Playoff save percentage

Easy explanation; Rinne had Weber in front of him...Price hasn't yet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Playoff save percentage

I've also really liked Saros so far. Not a big goalie which could hurt him in the future but his play has had a ton of confidence behind it.

While I know he's capable of it, we have only seen Carey Price as a Hart trophy goalie. We have never seen Conn Smythe Price. That's the only way Montreal bests a Metro team.

Oh well. This is the matchup EA SPORTS said we'd get for the finals. Enjoy!

Well that solves the debate, it's a draw at the goal tending position between the two teams, with a slight edge to the Preds because you like their backup 

5 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If that Nashville lineup was the Habs lineup I'd be a lot more confident about a Cup run. Both clubs are weak down the middle but Nashville has stronger depth support on the wing and that top four defence is basically two first pairings.

ellis and ekholm are so overly rated..

Guest Stogey24

I'm actually really excited to watch this game.

I wonder how crowd will react when Subban has the puck. 

25 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I'm actually really excited to watch this game.

I wonder how crowd will react when Subban has the puck. 

I'm betting they cheer, and I'll be nervous :wacko:.

59 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

ellis and ekholm are so overly rated..

Ellis is overrated now?

He's an extremely smart defenceman and has filled Weber's role with Josi quite well. 

That said, it's clear Lavi doesn't want any teams to know how to defend Josi - Subban when he puts them together in the playoffs so he's holding off on his ideal defensive pairings. 

Guest Stogey24

I'd rather see Ott in over Mitchell.  Hell, I'd rather see all the new acquisitions run on the fourth line. 

46 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Ellis is overrated now?

He's an extremely smart defenceman and has filled Weber's role with Josi quite well. 

That said, it's clear Lavi doesn't want any teams to know how to defend Josi - Subban when he puts them together in the playoffs so he's holding off on his ideal defensive pairings. 

Subban Josi already played together and actually aren't a good fit... they play essentially the exact same game!

and Ellis and Ekholm are not #1 D men. Are they #2D?  to me since paying more attention to the preds this year i rank them as really good 2 pair defenders.

26 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I'd rather see Ott in over Mitchell.  Hell, I'd rather see all the new acquisitions run on the fourth line. 

Its one thing to introduce one player who hasn't had a practice and doesn't know the system and give him a crash course. 

Its another thing to bring in an entire line who has never played Julien's system and has had zero practices. 

38 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

People often bring up stats which point out how bad the Habs are offensively. I know we shouldn't have to rely on our bottom 6 for scoring but it's no secret that the Habs basically acquired the 4th line of the league's worst team at the time in the Buffalo Sabres. Flynn is a meh to me and I've been trying to give the benefit of the doubt to Mitchell but after keeping an eye on him I've come to the conclusion that the only thing he does for this team is kill penalties. He's more than replaceable. That being said, who knows if any of Ott or Martinsen are actually better.