Chris Terry signs a one year extension

dlbalr

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I wonder if moving to Laval will help in keeping players around 

Not sure where team is matters too much? I think the guys likely more concerned about playing time, $$ and opportunity to crack the NHL roster; but just my guess (Nygren seemed to hate Hamilton but maybe just missed his Momma's cooking back in the home country?)

1 hour ago, DON said:

Not sure where team is matters too much? I think the guys likely more concerned about playing time, $$ and opportunity to crack the NHL roster; but just my guess (Nygren seemed to hate Hamilton but maybe just missed his Momma's cooking back in the home country?)

And 200-250k more per year in his home country. 

47 minutes ago, Commandant said:

And 200-250k more per year in his home country. 

Sure, but Habs AHL team has been relocating every few years it seems, so who knows how long it will be in Laval...4 or 5 years is likely a safe guess.

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Sure, but Habs AHL team has been relocating every few years it seems, so who knows how long it will be in Laval...4 or 5 years is likely a safe guess.

I wouldn't say they've been relocating every few years.  They were with Hamilton from 2002-2015 and only moved when the team owner wound up buying an OHL franchise.  The facility in Laval is basically being built to host Montreal's farm team.  They're going to be there for a while.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I wouldn't say they've been relocating every few years.  They were with Hamilton from 2002-2015 and only moved when the team owner wound up buying an OHL franchise.  The facility in Laval is basically being built to host Montreal's farm team.  They're going to be there for a while.

We shall see.