Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers | March 4th, 2017 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

Jordie Benn with his first as a Hab. Huge goal as the Rangers were starting to carry the play.

Glad to see Benn rewarded as he has been great so far. He has added stability on that 3rd pairing. 

Guest Stogey24

Man I love that at the end there. Ott, Petry,Price, Beaulieu all on Miller there, for his play on Petry. 

Team played great. Julien has got the team going. MB's additions really looked good tonite.  I am impressed, ok not with Emelin and Bealieu Has to stand up and not be on his knees, but that was great effort. They looked really confident tonite.

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Not his finest outing, that's for sure.  I wonder if they'll give Davidson a look next game.

Seemed as though Julien went right to JJ Daignault(SC) after the bonehead Emelin play where he crossed over in his own zone...

I want a look at Davidson next game bad...

This team is no slower, and much better physically, which gives us the best and most rewarding game of the year maybe last night? Much more of a playoff team now...

12 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

4 goals. None of them belong to Mad Max.

He had his chances, 4shots and 2a.

Galchenyuk quietly with 2a also and Lehkonen 5 shots, a good game and the 'Good" Shaw showed up again.

Not quite sure why Nash didn't get a penalty for running Price and why someone didn't jump in?

I heard about how bad the players they picked up were, but I didn't see that...I know their corsi likely isn't good but the eye test says different. Benn should of had Krieder but cant be perfect.

2 minutes ago, DON said:

He had his chances, 4shots and 2a.

Galchenyuk quietly with 2a also and Lehkonen 5 shots, a good game and the 'Good" Shaw showed up again.

Not quite sure why Nash didn't get a penalty for running Price and why someone didn't jump in?

I heard about how bad the players they picked up were, but I didn't see that...I know their corsi likely isn't good but the eye test says different. Benn should of had Krieder but cant be perfect.

4 goals and none of them belonging to Max - couldn't ask for a better start to the road trip.  

Maybe I needed a smiley face or something.

1 minute ago, zumpano21 said:

4 goals and none of them belonging to Max - couldn't ask for a better start to the road trip.  

Maybe I needed a smiley face or something.

Got that,,,just saying he had good game and yes it was good for others to chip in instead.

Guest Stogey24

Great game from the boys

Emelin has been garabge for a long stretch now. It's not a coincidence that Weber has looked way better in his own end, since Emelin was removed from his pairing. 

13 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

nobody is talking about Ott working one on one with galchenyuk on face offs at practice...

early results  8 of 11 or 73% for the night...

Its what he was brought in for and it led to a goal and plenty scoring chances.

All the new guys played well especially Martinsen who was hitting everything in sight. He skates pretty good too for a big guy.

I liked the balanced ice time for our D especially Weber/Markov. Weber has been carrying a heavy load for a long time and I like that CJ is managing him better.

To anybody dumping on the moves that Bergevin made at the deadline: this game is an example of how important the bottom lines are. It takes a whole team to win a game and especially a series. 

25 minutes ago, illWill said:

To anybody dumping on the moves that Bergevin made at the deadline: this game is an example of how important the bottom lines are. It takes a whole team to win a game and especially a series. 

ok I am 1 guy who wasn't impressed with Mark down Mark's bargain bin pick ups, but I gotta say he looks like a genius right now. Of course it is only one game but man what a game.

8 minutes ago, habs rule said:

ok I am 1 guy who wasn't impressed with Mark down Mark's bargain bin pick ups, but I gotta say he looks like a genius right now. Of course it is only one game but man what a game.

No question. They looked like contenders last night for sure, manhandling one of the league's best teams. It all starts with Price, of course, who has his mojo back and is radiating intimidation again. But the new guys did look good, especially Martinsen IMHO. Hopefully it continues.

The early  habs world scouting reports on Andreas are not reflective of the single game I've really paid attention to of his.. there lots learn about this sophomore NHLer.

I've watched zero Colorado games over the last 2 seasons unless it was vs the habs