Montreal Canadiens vs. Calgary Flames | March 9th, 2017 | 9:00 EST

Habsfan84

Wondering about the goalie schedule.. Do you give Price the night off and save him for Edmonton and Chicago? 

Or with the two day break does he get all three?

I'll be there. I'd say the building will be 20-25% correct on team allegiance.

Id say give Price the YYC game against the hot team. The oil have hit the skids a little bit lately. Go with Big Game Al there and save Price for the first game at home next week - Chicago.

My 1986th post at HW and we're playing the Flames.  I'll take it as a good omen.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Id say give Price the YYC game against the hot team. The oil have hit the skids a little bit lately. Go with Big Game Al there and save Price for the first game at home next week - Chicago.

My 1986th post at HW and we're playing the Flames.  I'll take it as a good omen.

A bit selfish... But I hope you're wrong. I'm going to the game in Edmonton and I'm hoping to see Price v Connor.

Either way, Go Habs Go.

40 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

A bit selfish... But I hope you're wrong. I'm going to the game in Edmonton and I'm hoping to see Price v Connor.

Either way, Go Habs Go.

I'll see you there!

9 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

When I seen the Habs in Calgary I would say the number was much higher. There are a ton of people from the east coast that live out there and have this game circled on their calendar. Unfortunately they lost when I was there and had to hear chants of " Go-way, go-way, go-way", so for your sake I hope you get to get the Ole chant going. 

Guest Stogey24
12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

McCarron has 1 shot on goal in his last 5 games. 

He's playing 7 min a night on a mucker line.. 

With that being said, he's done nothing to even warrant playing time. Just needs to be sent down. 

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

With that being said, he's done nothing to even warrant playing time. Just needs to be sent down. 

And if he was playing 14 minutes a night... would 1 shot in 2.5 games be acceptable?

Hes just not generating anything offensively to speak of... which is the vast majority of his career. 

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

Price needs a rest once in a while.  We don't want him fatigued like he was before the break. 

-he wasnt fatigued before the break, he wanted his coach ousted

-hes two weeks off a weeks vacation and there is no back to backs

my guess is we ride the wave at the moment and he starts tonight in calgary if he wins he plays sunday in edmonton, if he wins he plays against chicago tuesday, if he wins he plays saturday against OTT and win or lose montoya gets the back end of the home and home vs OTT. thats what i would do... but im not the coach

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

That ship has sailed can't be sent down now.

15 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

-he wasnt fatigued before the break, he wanted his coach ousted

-hes two weeks off a weeks vacation and there is no back to backs

my guess is we ride the wave at the moment and he starts tonight in calgary if he wins he plays sunday in edmonton, if he wins he plays against chicago tuesday, if he wins he plays saturday against OTT and win or lose montoya gets the back end of the home and home vs OTT. thats what i would do... but im not the coach

I don't believe for a second that he intentionally let in goals cause he wanted his coach ousted. 

We are in no danger of missing the playoffs... why risk burning him out instead of playing montoya and having him ready for the playoffs. 

He's coming off a year where he played 10 games.  Is it that hard to believe it will take some time to rebuild his endurance. 

9 minutes ago, habs rule said:

That ship has sailed can't be sent down now.

He actually can.  

He was sent down (on paper) prior to the trade deadline and no one reported it.  Its on the AHL transactions page. 

I just learned this today too. 

25 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I didn't even know that he wouldn't be able to be sent down 

Anyone who isn't on an AHL roster as of the NHL trade deadline, can't play in the AHL for the rest of the season and playoffs. 

(exception, new signings like the college kids, and CHL kids etc...). 

But anyone on an NHL roster has to be sent down prior to the deadline to be available the rest of the year. 

7 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Lineup changes coming for tonight according to RL.

Sounds like Emelin is back in and Davidson will sit.

Radulov, Plekanec and Flynn have been ruled out.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

He actually can.  

He was sent down (on paper) prior to the trade deadline and no one reported it.  Its on the AHL transactions page. 

I just learned this today too. 

The AHL just updated the site yesterday with the paper transaction.  I wonder what took them so long as most of them were posted about 20 minutes after the deadline.

Montoya gets the start, Price is sick.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

I don't believe for a second that he intentionally let in goals cause he wanted his coach ousted. 

We are in no danger of missing the playoffs... why risk burning him out instead of playing montoya and having him ready for the playoffs. 

He's coming off a year where he played 10 games.  Is it that hard to believe it will take some time to rebuild his endurance. 

he checked out mentally like the rest of them, never once did i say he purposely gave up goals!! that would question is integrity! dont twist my words just like you ask others not to do to yours! thanks

but speculation of him being exhausted is just that as well, speculation! Price said the problem was between the ears not tiredness. mental exhaustion maybe? working with MT would be the most likely scenario?

also, i for one dont believe CP has been over worked in the least bit. he played in the world cup yes, but was also given most of training camp off as well as a full week off to start the season. he also played only 6 games in a 22 day stretch over christmas from dec 22 to jan 12. got to take it easy during the all star break while still staying fresh on the ice and just had another full week off. he's played next to none back to backs on top of it all!

im saying 3 games in 8 days out west  isnt gonna burn anyone out and if he continues to win and plays each game till next weekends back to back it would simply be 5 games in 14 days... hardely a tough stretch and if anything would help keep him in form!

13 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The AHL just updated the site yesterday with the paper transaction.  I wonder what took them so long as most of them were posted about 20 minutes after the deadline.

Montoya gets the start, Price is sick.

well there goes price running the table until the home and home against OTT...