Simon Bourque signed 3 year entry deal

DON

Having a great year. Definitely a prospect who's living up to and surpassing expectations. At the very least looks like a guy who should help out in Laval. Not a big defenceman, but small speedy puck moving d are becoming very useful 

6'1" ... that's reasonable imo. Victor Mete at 5'10" is small for an NHL dman. 

3 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Having a great year. Definitely a prospect who's living up to and surpassing expectations. At the very least looks like a guy who should help out in Laval. Not a big defenceman, but small speedy puck moving d are becoming very useful 

Kinda makes me think of Morgan Ellis-type.

1 hour ago, revvvrob said:

6'1" ... that's reasonable imo. Victor Mete at 5'10" is small for an NHL dman. 

But Mete can really skate with the puck, but his size trying to defend in front of net and corners will likely always be an issue.But, love the pick and I would of tried to draft his American clone in Adam Fox, also 5'10", but was taken just before Bitten picked.

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Kinda makes me think of Morgan Ellis-type.

But Mete can really skate with the puck, but his size trying to defend in front of net and corners will likely always be an issue.But, love the pick and I would of tried to draft his American clone in Adam Fox, also 5'10", but was taken just before Bitten picked.

I like Mete too - his skill is hopefully enough to compensate for his size. My point was that Bourque isn't small - he's no giant, but no smurf either. 

It's funny - I was planning to post the February Prospect 3 Stars tonight and most of my blurb about Bourque was discussing that they needed to get a deal done soon.  I'll have to change that up now.

43 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Not sure why I thought of Bourque as more of a small 6' kind of guy. He's pretty solid actually at 6'1 and close to 200.

maybe when drafted he was more like 5'10 180?

He was 6'0/184 when the Habs drafted him.

1 hour ago, Meller93 said:

Not sure why I thought of Bourque as more of a small 6' kind of guy. He's pretty solid actually at 6'1 and close to 200.

maybe when drafted he was more like 5'10 180?

Or you're like me and constantly mix up Mete and Bourque.

And then to add another level of confusion, I have trouble remembering whether it's Mete or Bitten that's the defenseman.

Apparently very draft pick after the 2nd round is interchangeable to me. 

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Why did he get a -1 for saying "thanks for sharing"

I think he's a spammer.  

Comes in.  Makes one post in a thread that no one has commented on in 2 months, and says "Thanks for sharing" on a news article that is over 2 months old. 

That looks like classic bot-spam to me. z

i mean if he added something to the discussion, thats fine.  If he does add to the discussion I'll take that minus and put him back to even, but as of right now, I strongly suspect its just a bot. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think he's a spammer.  

Comes in.  Makes one post in a thread that no one has commented on in 2 months, and says "Thanks for sharing" on a news article that is over 2 months old. 

That looks like classic bot-spam to me. z

i mean if he added something to the discussion, thats fine.  If he does add to the discussion I'll take that minus and put him back to even, but as of right now, I strongly suspect its just a bot. 

A spam bot whose favourite Habs is Maurice Richard though...?

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Again if he wants to come in and have a real conversation, i have no issue removing the -1.

That one line post as a first post, and the very generic nature of it, and it being on a dead thread, all look bad. 

The fact he filled out his profile makes it maybe that he's a real person.  

58 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Who else should/could be any bot's favourite Habs ?

Well, I may only speak for myself, but if I was a bot, my favourite Habs would be The Rocket as well.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Who else should/could be any bot's favourite Habs ?

Well, I may only speak for myself, but if I was a bot, my favourite Habs would be The Rocket as well.

I would go with Larry Robinson as personal favourite, not sure what a 'bot' is or why it would post anything though?

Am I the only one who doesn't lose sleep over a "-" rating? Is there a cost attached to such ratings - like, we get kicked off the board if we get too many, something like that? As long as Habs29 isn't coming at me with a flamethrower, I'm happy :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Am I the only one who doesn't lose sleep over a "-" rating? Is there a cost attached to such ratings - like, we get kicked off the board if we get too many, something like that? As long as Habs29 isn't coming at me with a flamethrower, I'm happy :lol:

I thought there was a store where I could redeem my internet points for free prizes. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I thought there was a store where I could redeem my internet points for free prizes. 

There is. Just send me your Visa number, and I'll get ya goin'