Entertaining Players in Canadian Markets

xXx..CK..xXx

Last night while watching the Habs/Flames game, I noticed that Johnny Gaudreau is a really unique player and fun to watch. A player that not many NHL teams have in their lineup. It led me to wonder about other Canadian teams and think about which players they have who fit a similar mould of entertainment value. 

With that being said, feel free to chime in with your own personal opinion about who you think are the five most exciting players to watch in Canadian markets. 

To those of you who want to discuss players not currently in Canadian markets, feel free to turn to another thread. 

I could look up stats and include players like Scheifelle and Wheeler but I'm rather going to go off the top of my head as it is a personal opinion.

It doesn't have to be in any particular order and you can pick multiple players from the same team.

1) Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers) - Leads the league in scoring and does it in an entertaining way. Arguably the quickest player in the league as well so he scores his points in an exciting type of way.

2) Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) - The reason I thought of making this list. He's really shifty on his skates and uses those edges to perfection. The type of player you'd pay to go watch, which is what I'd expect from any player on this list.

3) Erik Karlsson (Ottawa Senators) - I don't much like Ottawa and haven't been following them much this season but his stride is efficient and he always seems to be at the top of point getting among defenseman as long as he's healthy. There's no arguing his skill level as well which is what this list is all about.

4) Austin Matthews (Toronto Maple Leafs) - The leafs actually have another player in Nylander who could have made the list, and we'll see if he makes it at number 5 but any player who scores 4 goals in their first game in the league deserves some attention. Patrick Laine is no slouch either; this list isn't big enought. 

5) Carey Price (Montreal Canadiens) - While Carey is certainly not the most exciting player to watch outside of when he's dropping the gloves, I feel confident placing him here under one of the most entertaining players to watch. Attending a game in a foreign market just isn't the same without Carey in net and there aren't many players out there who hold the same importance on their respective teams. I'm also biased here as a Habs fan.

Honourable mentions to Patrick Laine with his 3 hat tricks in a rookie season, Max Pacioretty and his release as well as the Sedin twins who as a pair have been able to do some amazing things together on the ice over the past 15 years. 

4 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

The most entertaining player got traded to Nashville

He would have made the list but you could have been more creative. 

The Leafs have young top end talent, that's for sure.

26 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I don't know man. I find radulov extremely entertaining. 

Definitely a good call. That's why I created this thread as I thought it would be interesting to hear some other perspectives. My list is a little shaky. I'm not really sure how exciting a player Matthews is. He can get the stats but he seems to be mostly business when it comes to his style of play and celebration after goals. Gaudreau, McDavid and Karlsson can be fun to watch. Radulov is definitely up there. 

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Mike Fisher is not that entertaining... its his wife you are thinking of. 

I dont know why someone gave you a thumb down for this post but I find it fun and entertaining post and make a thumb up to even it out. ?

Gallagher is very entertaining in many ways, especially after the whistle ;) He and Rad for my entertainment value on the Habs squad, league wide, one of my favorites would be Ovi, but love watching Crosby because when he gets the puck look out.

The most entertaining recent player/ex-player for me, at least in interviews would be Bryzgalov, guy is a hoot :)