Julien Leading a Habs Resurgence

Commandant

Claude Julien Leading Charge to Montreal Canadiens Success

Despite the Montreal Canadiens six-game winning streak ending with a 5-0 loss against the Calgary Flames, they have a new found success. Much of this has to do with new head coach Claude Julien. It took a few games, but the team has started gelling under his tactics. He has led the Habs players into a hungry group of guys who want to win.

Transactions that have helped the Habs include the acquisition of a steady defenseman in Jordie Benn. Carey Price returning to superstar form is also a huge reason for their success. However, Price’s return to superstar form may have something to do with Julien’s coaching style. But it is most likely the time off he spent during the bye week that brought him back to form.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/03/11/claude-julien-leading-canadiens-success/

Nice read!

I was always supportive of Therrien, but it was obvious his time had passed as coach of this team.

What I have noticed, and have appreciated is that Julien is a player's coach, and to me Therrien wasn't, he was more of a "my way 'cause I'm the boss" guy.

He basically had the attitude that he was above, almost to the point where he wouldn't give his team a chance to win sometimes through benching players, or player lineup cards, all to prove he was the man.

I find that Julien lives and dies with his players, you can see it in his facial expressions, more of a cheerleader, than a slave driver, and he gives them more of a chance to succeed imho.

Breakouts are more controlled, as are entries to opposition zone, and he has brought confidence as much as anything else, I like this team in a playoff series more than before.