Mar. 14, Chicago vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Is Mccarron not a better option than King? 

The guy is basically a step behind every play. I've yet to see him lay the body or do any work in front of the net...

When Julien became coach, this was the one thing that worried me. Some of the younger guys would take a back seat to the "vets". 

I'm not knocking Julien. I think he's a great guy and coach, but all of my Boston buddies said he tended to favour the older players. Playing ability aside. 

Boston is chugging also along without him.

21 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's a no-brainer for sure, but it troubles me that N8 has not been able to convince two consecutive coaches that he has the right stuff.

He just isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He has god given skills and can go end to end pretty darn quickly; but, between the ears seems lacking or not focused consistently.

In 210+ games he has 5 goals, so he unlikely will even be a good offensive option, has poor calibre NHL shot; but can make a nice pass from time to time as even a Benn can do that and cheaply.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Boston is chugging also along without him.

I'm sure they will continue to get the 15% shooting percentage they've been getting since he's been gone.  That's totally sustainable. 

They are exactly the same team they were with him, dominating possession.  Only difference is that under him the shooting percentage was unsustainably low, and now its unsustainably high.