Expansion Draft Question

bbp

5 minutes ago, bbp said:

Is the expansion draft tool found on cap friendly valid?

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

How do unsigned UFA and RFA's work?

If we don't sign a UFA prior to the expansion draft does that mean we have to wait until July 1st when they can test the open market?

Teams can talk to their own UFAs at any time. 

But if I remember correctly, then Las Vegas can also talk to every UFA after the expansion draft. It's supposed to be some deterrent from GMs waiting until after the draft to sign their UFAs, because Vegas can also try to offer your player a better deal. 

A lot depends on what type of guy Radu is. He says he loves Montreal and seems to be sincere. Montreal is a second-tier contender with at least an outside chance of winning. And Montreal will *probably* make him a reasonable offer in market terms. So, is he about $$$$$$, or does he have more soul than that? We're gonna find out.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A lot depends on what type of guy Radu is. He says he loves Montreal and seems to be sincere. Montreal is a second-tier contender with at least an outside chance of winning. And Montreal will *probably* make him a reasonable offer in market terms. So, is he about $$$$$$, or does he have more soul than that? We're gonna find out.

$$$$$ I would guess.

Who will Habs likely protect, or who needs protecting?

31, 67, 27, 24, 41, 62, 65, 26, 6, 11? Any others they could dangle, rick losing or do without.

The thing right now is Vegas needs to hit cap floor but are aware of this, and aware that teams want Vegas to take their overpaid/underperforming players for nothing. Vegas has 72 hours with the availability lists and will be telling teams hey, is there someone you want us to pick? Let us know how you're going to sweeten the deal for us.

In other words, Bergevin might have to trade a pick so Vegas takes Emelin instead of someone the Habs want to keep.

10 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

The thing right now is Vegas needs to hit cap floor but are aware of this, and aware that teams want Vegas to take their overpaid/underperforming players for nothing. Vegas has 72 hours with the availability lists and will be telling teams hey, is there someone you want us to pick? Let us know how you're going to sweeten the deal for us.

In other words, Bergevin might have to trade a pick so Vegas takes Emelin instead of someone the Habs want to keep.

I interpreted that differently.  I interpreted it as McPhee saying to other GMs, here is who is available.  if you want me to take a player (example Jakub Silvferberg) and trade him to you, how many prospects/draft picks will you give me for him.  He could do that in addition to what you are saying. 

Also If you go team by team through that capfriendly tool, what you will find is that there won't be many centre options (and there will be plenty of defence options) for Vegas. I think Vegas is going to strongly consider Plekanec.  Keep him til February, and then flip him at the deadline as a rental in a Hanzal like deal. 

4 hours ago, DON said:

$$$$$ I would guess.

A mixture I would guess! Radulov has found success and love from the fans here. I have zero doubt that helps montreal's case to sign him. This is definitely one time when the fan base here has almost certainly helped a UFA situation.

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He is asking for an 8year contract aparantly. 

9 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

He is asking for an 8year contract aparantly. 

And his production might be equal to what Plekanec had last year, he isn't likely to get any quicker over next couple years and once he has big contract in pocket may not be so motivated.

44 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

6 years would be my maximum. 8 is outrageous. 

8 years too long, 6 years too long, 4 years is right length, go 5 if you absolutely have to.

Guest Stogey24
54 minutes ago, DON said:

And his production might be equal to what Plekanec had last year, he isn't likely to get any quicker over next couple years and once he has big contract in pocket may not be so motivated.

Ya, no thanks.

5 year max or he can walk. As shitty as that is. 

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Also If you go team by team through that capfriendly tool, what you will find is that there won't be many centre options (and there will be plenty of defence options) for Vegas. I think Vegas is going to strongly consider Plekanec.  Keep him til February, and then flip him at the deadline as a rental in a Hanzal like deal. 

Habs Social Media welcomed Vegas with a photo of Plekanec. Such a coincidence...

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

8 years too long, 6 years too long, 4 years is right length, go 5 if you absolutely have to.

Looking at Backes, Ladd and Lucic contracts from last year, I would say 4 or 5 years will not get it done. 

4 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Looking at Backes, Ladd and Lucic contracts from last year, I would say 4 or 5 years will not get it done. 

we have to remember, we don't know what he wants to get paid. Longer term less money shorter term more money. It is a negotiation after all.

19 minutes ago, habs rule said:

we have to remember, we don't know what he wants to get paid. Longer term less money shorter term more money. It is a negotiation after all.

Lets just say Habs are between a rock and hard place and will be a tough decision for Bergevin, what to give/offer Russian player, Radulov-Markov-Galchenyuk ?

8 yr deal for Galchenyuk, I think most would be OK with, but 2 years for the General?.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

2 x 4 for Markov

6 x 6 for Radu

8 x 5.5 for Chuck

2 x 3 for Dadonov

2 x 4.5 for Shipachyov

1 x fired from a cannon into the sun for Emelin

I would personally deliver GM of the year of MB could pull that off. Shipachov would be huge. Radu at 6 for 6 is perfect.