Should Carey play both games this week-end?

Habsfan

Should Carey play both games this week-end?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carey play both games this week-end?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Hard no. 

Montoya generally plays well enough for the team to win and Carey needs the rest when he can get it. 

He has had lots of rest, and we need these games play him.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

He has had lots of rest, and we need these games play him.

That's goofy HR, they play 3 games in 4 days, you want him to play all three? Or just Sat-Sun and then sit till Thursday?

31 minutes ago, DON said:

That's goofy HR, they play 3 games in 4 days, you want him to play all three? Or just Sat-Sun and then sit till Thursday?

That's what I'd do... Sat, Sun Price... tues Montoya, Thursday Price, Saturday Price. 

• Upvote 1

He essentially went a week without a game out west... so I'm a believer that he's gotten plenty of rest this year.

I personally would play him sunday Tuesday thurs Saturday. He hasn't played back to backs all year so why start now?

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

Hard yes.

You play for the top of the division.  Gotta send a message.

Playoffs trumps reg season importance of division 1st or 2nd slotting and message is that we will beat you with Price on Sat and with our back up on Sunday. :gohabsgo:

4 hours ago, DON said:

The question was should he get BOTH starts not 3. The answer is he plays Sat and Sunday then let's see what happens

March 18th vs Ottawa :  Carey

March 19th vs Ottawa : Carey

March 21st vs Detroit : Montoya

March 23rd vs Carolina : Carey

March 25th vs Ottawa : Carey

March 28th vs Dallas : Carey

March 30th vs Florida : Montoya

11 hours ago, habs rule said:

The question was should he get BOTH starts not 3. The answer is he plays Sat and Sunday then let's see what happens

Yes and no way in hell should he play both, I thought I already said that.

That seems a very short sighted point of view to worry about one game in reg season, but we all know it aint happening, that this late into the year he starts playing back to back games.

Why would even think Bergevin or coach Julie would even consider this as an option?:popcorn:

March 18th vs Ottawa :  Carey

March 19th vs Ottawa : Carey

March 21st vs Detroit : Montoya

March 23rd vs Carolina : Carey

March 25th vs Ottawa : Carey

March 28th vs Dallas : Carey

March 30th vs Florida : Montoya

Like HR, I cant figure out why you think they would wait till game 72 to start playing him in back to back days, when Habs have 99.7% chance of making playoffs and finishing 1st, 2nd or third in Atlantic really doesn't look to be much difference in match up? 

25 minutes ago, DON said:

Like HR, I cant figure out why you think they would wait till game 72 to start playing him in back to back days, when Habs have 99.7% chance of making playoffs and finishing 1st, 2nd or third in Atlantic really doesn't look to be much difference in match up? 

Who's the Montreal Canadiens' boss ?

That's right, Geoff Moslon.  Ask him if home advantage for Playoffs means anything to his wallet.

Guest Stogey24
46 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Who's the Montreal Canadiens' boss ?

That's right, Geoff Moslon.  Ask him if home advantage for Playoffs means anything to his wallet.

Do you honestly think that factors into Price's playing time?

10 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Do you honestly think that factors into Price's playing time?

Of course I do.

Assuming that the owner cares about his wallet, Moslon probably told Bergevin at the deadline that it was important in his eyes that the team :

1) makes the playoffs

2) gets home advantage

3) makes it as deep as possible into the playoffs

Moves were made by the GM to ensure that.

Then, the message keeps moving down the depth chart. Next in line, the coach.

What is the best way to ensure #1 and #2 ?  Playing your best goalie as much as you can.

When #1 and #2 are achieved, move to #3.  Time to rest Price.

Guest Stogey24

Well now your changing what you said. 

Anyways, I highly doubt Molson went to Beregvin and stated the complete obvious.

The goal is to have a fresh and healthy team heading into the playoffs. Securing home ice advantage takes a backseat to that. 

This is the benefit of being a top team. You don't have the fight to the bone down the stretch. 

2 hours ago, DON said:

Yes and no way in hell should he play both, I thought I already said that.

That seems a very short sighted point of view to worry about one game in reg season, but we all know it aint happening, that this late into the year he starts playing back to back games.

Why would even think Bergevin or coach Julie would even consider this as an option?:popcorn:

Do you honestly think that Carey can't play 2 games in 2 nights? If so it don't look good for the playoffs. He has had lots of rest, and after this he can rest more. Montoya can play some starts going into the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Well now your changing what you said. 

Anyways, I highly doubt Molson went to Beregvin and stated the complete obvious.

The goal is to have a fresh and healthy team heading into the playoffs. Securing home ice advantage takes a backseat to that. 

This is the benefit of being a top team. You don't have the fight to the bone down the stretch. 

This is mostly my point as well. Finishing #1 is all well and good but...

Guest Stogey24
56 minutes ago, DON said:

This is mostly my point as well. Finishing #1 is all well and good but...

Exactly. Save your players.

Matching against the Rangers ain't going to be a cake walk anyway.