Mar. 17/18, Americans vs IceCaps, 6 PM

dlbalr

C7JuGftXkAoEHA_.png

MacMillan (5) in the first and Gregoire (7) early 2nd and 2-0 IceCaps.

Johnson (5) makes it 3-0, 1/2 way through 2nd period. :thumbs_up:

3-1 finish. :1banana:

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1016818

http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/article/recap-icecaps-sink-amerks-3-1-on-st-paddys-day/

Mostly 4th line in on all the scoring and good game.

Hudon has some nice plays and 4 shots, Scherbak had at least one nice rush, splitting the d but zero shots for the game.

dela Rose also with 4shots

Lindgren again the #1 star, with Gregoire-delaRose other two.

McCarron should be down playing with them.

They really miss Redmond.  He's one of the few somewhat-decent offensive threats they have on the back end.  Joel Hanley on a #1 PP unit is not a pretty sight to see.

Unfortunately Utica won last night so St. John's is still out on points percentage at the moment.

Terry didn't take long to regain the team lead in scoring as he scored on the power play (which was in a 1/28 slump heading in) to make it 2-0.  Nice start for the IceCaps tonight.  Scherbak and Hanley (just to make my comment three posts above look dumb) get the helpers.

Guest Stogey24
15 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Hudon scores a weird one from the corner to open up the scoring.  Lowe/Didier with the assists.

Do you see a reason why Hudon isn't up with Montreal?  

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Do you see a reason why Hudon isn't up with Montreal?  

I don't think management trusts him for some reason.  (Either that, or Lefebvre isn't giving glowing reviews of his play.)  At this point of the season, they can cite the four recall rule as a possible reason - that restriction is in play until St. John's is eliminated.  I thought they would have given him a look before the trade deadline when he was really on a roll (he actually has been a bit quieter the last couple of weeks).  There's a reason why they haven't brought him up much these last couple of years...I just don't know what it is.  Maybe it's his skating which isn't the best, especially for someone his size?