Montreal vs Ottawa 7:00pm

Guest Stogey24

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

O ya baby!

That was a slick shot from Radulov. Looked like a walk in the park for him. 

If Therrien was coaching, Plekanec would have shot first. 

Yeah, I loved Radu's poise on the goal and swagger afterwards :thumbs_up:

Of course, Cherry and Maclean are all Leafs/Sens, all the time :1vomit:

• Upvote 2

Nice game overall.  I was happy to see that there wasn't a lot of stupid stuff going on, just two teams playing for top spot in the division.  Whether that will be the case by this time next week after two more games remains to be seen but it was good to see it tonight at least,

12 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

If Therrien was coaching, Plekanec would have shot first. 

Close.......if Therrien were still here Desharnais would still be as well and he'd be the first shooter. 

• Upvote 1

Boys played a pretty good game, I don't think pleks is in a funk or a slump. I think he is finished and needs to be gotten rid of this summer one way or the other.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

Boys played a pretty good game, I don't think pleks is in a funk or a slump. I think he is finished and needs to be gotten rid of this summer one way or the other.

You are correct, good sir.

Beating Tim Peel is like winning 50 G's on a scratch ticket, have you seen a worse Ref job this year? :rolleyes:

Beating Ottawa is even better...

Bob called a great game as usual. Icon in his 80s calling the game is awesome. I hate Gary galley with every Fibre of my being. That guy hates the Canadiens so much. He should not be allowed to do color for habs games. 

6 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Bob called a great game as usual. Icon in his 80s calling the game is awesome. I hate Gary galley with every Fibre of my being. That guy hates the Canadiens so much. He should not be allowed to do color for habs games. 

Cole seemed more on-the-ball than usual, maybe because the game was both exciting and important. Normally I don't mind Galley too much (although I'm no big fan), but he lost me when it was 1-0 and he was openly hoping 'Ottawa gets one here,' which struck me as going beyond the normal announcer's desire for an exciting game and amounted to hoping one team wins. :angry:

It must be incredibly hard to be a colour commentator, because most of them suck, and quietly competent ones like Mike Johnson get thrown pointlessly on the scrap heap.

13 hours ago, Habsfan84 said:

Close.......if Therrien were still here Desharnais would still be as well and he'd be the first shooter. 

As out to lunch and passe as the post you quoted.:wall:

6 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Seems that way.

Reusch notes;

Habs have trailed 31 games going into 3rd...winning 11 of those.

Goals per period; 47, 60 , 73

Habs sucked on the draw and cost them.

Did anyone miss what Emelin brings to the game?

I thought Davidson did fine and steadier than his partner.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Did anyone miss what Emelin brings to the game?

I thought Davidson did fine and steadier than his partner.

Considering the way Emelin has been the last few weeks, Davidson being steadier doesn't say much.  I wasn't particularly impressed with him, especially some of his decision making in the defensive zone.  He's a good skater/puck mover and his instincts of when to pinch or not aren't bad but he's hard to trust in his own end.  As a short-term stop gap he's okay but I'm among those hoping Emelin rediscovers something close to his normal form in the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Considering the way Emelin has been the last few weeks, Davidson being steadier doesn't say much.  I wasn't particularly impressed with him, especially some of his decision making in the defensive zone.  He's a good skater/puck mover and his instincts of when to pinch or not aren't bad but he's hard to trust in his own end.  As a short-term stop gap he's okay but I'm among those hoping Emelin rediscovers something close to his normal form in the coming weeks.

I thought Emelin did really well tonite, he only spilled ketchup and mustard on his shirt twice. With a little practice he will master eating hot dogs. I say a week otta be a good start. :D

Davidson is just another marginal guy like Barbario in my books. I see nothing there other than a place-holder. (By contrast, Benn is a clear-cut legitimate NHL defender, a solid upgrade). That a $4 million player like Emelin can be benched in favour of Davidson is a really stinging indictment of that contract, I think.

This team's only hope at LD is Nathan Beaulieu. The kid will have to step up if we hope to win four rounds.