Dzingle- Turris- Smith

Burrows- Brassard- Ryan

Hoffman- Pageau- Pyatt

Stallberg- Kelly- Wingles

Methot- Karlsson

Phaneuf- Cecil

Claesson- Wideman

Anderson

Habs played a strong game last night. One has to think that, much like the Canadiens 2011 Jaques Martin team, playing possum, and allowing the other team to shoot like crazy, will eventually catch up to them and result in some losses. Let's hope the Canadiens can start the streak. I believe the Sens are playing above their heads, and the law of averages has to work against them at some point. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

This back to back format on the weekend is fantastic and should be done more often.

Yeah, it was quite common for a while there - I want to say late 80s, early 90s. I'm not sure why they got away from it.

Big 2 points tonight!

Go HABS Go. 

It'd be nice to go four points up, but even if the boys lose tonight I still don't see Montreal losing the division. Ottawa has a WAY tougher schedule and won't be within 6 points of Montreal at the end. 

Mtl - Ottawa, Detroit, Carolina, Ottawa, Dallas, Florida, @TB, @Fla, @Buf, Tampa, Detroit

Ott - @MTL, @BOS, @PITT, @MTL, @PHI, @MIN, @WPG, @DET, Detroit, @BOS, NYR, @NYI

Lets go boys.. Beat the Sens. 

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

This back to back format on the weekend is fantastic and should be done more often.

and should always be televised to B.C. Lets pass a law.

Price gets the start for the Habs against Anderson in a repeat of last night.

One change up front as McCarron's in for Ott.  I assume Mitchell will slide to centre.  Also, one change on the back end as Emelin's in for Davidson.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

One change up front as McCarron's in for Ott.  I assume Mitchell will slide to centre.  Also, one change on the back end as Emelin's in for Davidson.

Dammit how is Emelin gonna get any good at hot dogs playing on the ice?

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not changing the line up for Emelin. He's a bum and should be nowhere near this line up. 

Price is in eh...I was pretty confident he would be relaxing on the bench.:spamafote:

I surely hope Emelin's icetime is limited, but at least the Sens arnt the Blackhawks.

:gohabsgo:

21 minutes ago, DON said:

Price is in eh...I was pretty confident he would be relaxing on the bench.:spamafote:

I surely hope Emelin's icetime is limited, but at least the Sens arnt the Blackhawks.

:gohabsgo:

Yeah I was talking to Barber Bill and he could see my point. We have to do what is best for the team.:scared:

OK so Carey is in,  everybody is ready to go. Emelin has been embarassed into playing ike a real NHLer So

:1gohabs::clap::gohabsgo:

Yeah, Emelin's been off lately but people are being too hard on him. If he's the weakest link out of my 6, I'm not complaining. 

Ottawa is the type of team he needs to play against if he really isn't as useless as the haters are portraying him.

Glad Price is playing today. I didn't contribute to the other thread in time but I would have wanted Price to play today. I'm fine with Montoya but I personally would have had one of those "guaranteed loss" feelings if Price wasn't in net today.

I think we'll pull out the win. :habslogo: 

Guest Stogey24
8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Crazy bounce off Benn and in.

They always score these bullshit goals.

Ottawa just catches so much luck against Montreal 

The reffing has been atrocious 

Guest Stogey24

Defense is going to be this team's Achilles. 

How does pairing Petry and Emelin together make sense? One has been struggling and the other has been straight shit. 

I really don't like Max on the point on the PP.  

Its not like he's doing anything badly back there, but he's got an OK slapshot and fantastic wrister, I'd rather have him at forward. 

Seems like we lose one of our PP weapons by putting him on the point. 

Weber also ends up being the "high" dman instead of sneaking in for his one-timer from the top of the circle.  I don't think that's good either.  His shot is even more deadly when he sneaks in a bit; but he has to be the high man with four forwards. 

I'd look at getting Markov or Beaulieu back on that unit. 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I really don't like Max on the point on the PP.  

Its not like he's doing anything badly back there, but he's got an OK slapshot and fantastic wrister, I'd rather have him at forward. 

Seems like we lose one of our PP weapons by putting him on the point. 

Weber also ends up being the "high" dman instead of sneaking in for his one-timer from the top of the circle.  I don't think that's good either.  His shot is even more deadly when he sneaks in a bit; but he has to be the high man with four forwards. 

I'd look at getting Markov or Beaulieu back on that unit. 

I had similar thoughts, less carefully developed. Well said!

Like last night, Habs are clearly the better team, but the results are skewed by a flukey goal by the Duffys. At least Benn's goal made the result more indicative of the actual play. Incredible PK by the Habs so far tonight.

• Upvote 1

I agree with leaving Max on the wing and putting Markov or Bealieu back there with Weber on the PP.  1:15 with fresh ice to start the period...it would be nice to see them execute and claim a 2 goal lead.

Guest Stogey24

I could see Lehkonen turning it on in the playoffs. 

Galchenyuk seems to pile up points, but goes nearly invisible the entire game. Really makes me wonder if what Don and some others have said about him playing centre. 

Big Mccarron has a baby face, but he's a pretty gnarly dude.