Ottawa vs Montreal 7:30pm

Guest Stogey24

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I've posted way too many times in this thread, but Habs are just shittin on these guys!

They so richly deserve it...would love to see Karlsson get rocked hard too just to rub salt into the wound.  I hate the Sens and their fans so much it's not even funny.

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Byron's goal was so fast, CBC didn't actually show it live. 

Offside. Darn. 

If Galley wasn't so busy flapping his lips, they would have had time to show it live.

Just now, DON said:

Great to see them putting pucks behind Anderson. They better try Condon next Saturday.

Agreed. We've always had a hard time scoring against Anderson!

Guest Stogey24

The support from the wingers when Habs are in their own end is world's better 

Great game fellas! They can look so damn good when they have that quick transition going. 

That was a chippy game. I didn't realize Hoffman was so defensively responsible. Every time Karlsson was caught up ice, Hoffman bailed him out. I was impressed with his backchecking. As cherry says, methot and Smith are running around. Need to put that to rest next game. It was nice to See Methot cost them the game when he stepped up for a hit and cost the 2 on 1. This was a good example of analytics working in your favor. Ottawa plays a low possession game and paid for it finally. 

great game, the duffies got 1 fluke goal. Glad we had Price in there without him not sure if the result is the same. He can ave a rest now. Emelin managed to stay out of trouble, good to see. Maybe he got the hint nd will turn his game around, we do need him at his best for the playoffs. Byron the Sniper, who knew? Great game.:habslogo:

• Upvote 1

Looked at the schedule and realized:

1) This was the beginning of a 6 game homestand. and of those 6 games only 2 are against teams currently in the playoffs (Ottawa both games.)

2) One more game is against a current playoff team (Ottawa), and 2 other games are against a team with a realistic shot at the post season (Tampa both games.)

10 games remaining, and 7 of them are against bad teams with nothing to play for... Habs SHOULD get 1st in the division when they're dealt that hand of cards. 

16 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

1 more point ties him with Peter Mahovolich for 18th all-time in Habs points. 4 more ties him with Guy Lapointe for 17th.

:thumbs_up: Like Koivu, a great Hab in a dismal era.

Price made the difference with that toe save in the 2nd. Without that, the Duffys might have been able to steal a point, instead of going back up the 417 with their arses soundly kicked.

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

1 more point ties him with Peter Mahovolich for 18th all-time in Habs points. 4 more ties him with Guy Lapointe for 17th.

Wonder what would have been without his knee injuries... 

3 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Wonder what would have been without his knee injuries... 

Yeah, but if you get rid of the injuries (and cancer) for both of them, koivu probably has double what he ended up with.

• Upvote 1

There's no questions I have about the game, other than, how come it was "all about Ottawa" night on SN, when that was the night before as well, and this game was in Habland?  .

It's like their agenda was to show that Ottawa actually has hockey heritage(which we know it does), but that was ridiculous on the in game part, after the Hometown hockey show...doh .  The entire coverage all night was like Montreal was an evil alien, that we were all hoping would get defeated by Canada's team, the Ottawa Senators. Just ridiculously bias in my opinion...

But that same bias, always makes the wins sweeter! :1gohabs: 

26 minutes ago, KoRP said:

There's no questions I have about the game, other than, how come it was "all about Ottawa" night on SN, when that was the night before as well, and this game was in Habland?  .

It's like their agenda was to show that Ottawa actually has hockey heritage(which we know it does), but that was ridiculous on the in game part, after the Hometown hockey show...doh .  The entire coverage all night was like Montreal was an evil alien, that we were all hoping would get defeated by Canada's team, the Ottawa Senators. Just ridiculously bias in my opinion...

But that same bias, always makes the wins sweeter! :1gohabs: 

its the Ron McMapleLeaf syndrome

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

its the Ron McMapleLeaf syndrome

In HNIC's defence, it's Ottawa's 25th anniversary AND their late-season charge probably impressed them as a Cinderella story. This then would affect how they frame the matchup. 'Go Sens Go!!'

I also think - and I know I'm on risky ground here - the Habs just don't fit well into HN's 'small town Canadiana' bullsh*t in general. Small town Quebec is full of unilingual francophones, heavily nationalist and sovereigntist, who could not care less about their broadcasting personalities or the sentimental soft-lens patriotic pap Maclean et al. are selling. The culture and people around the Habs are also disproportionately francophone and not typically part of the Anglo-Canadian circles that dominate the show. Now none of this would matter if HN had decided to focus of professional sports broadcasting, period; but because their entire philosophy is predicated on sentimental, hayseed Canadian nationalism, the Habs slot awkwardly into their boosterish coverage. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DON said:

Florida(2), Tampa (2), Detroit(2), Carolina, Dallas, Sabres & Sens left to play, not a terribly tough schedule (on paper anyways).:thumbs_up:

Exactly why we needed to ride Price back to back vs the Sens.  Once we clinch, there will be plenty of good matchups for Montoya.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

In HNIC's defence, it's Ottawa's 25th anniversary AND their late-season charge probably impressed them as a Cinderella story. This then would affect how they frame the matchup. 'Go Sens Go!!'

I also think - and I know I'm on risky ground here - the Habs just don't fit well into HN's 'small town Canadiana' bullsh*t in general. Small town Quebec is full of unilingual francophones, heavily nationalist and sovereigntist, who could not care less about their broadcasting personalities or the sentimental soft-lens patriotic pap Maclean et al. are selling. The culture and people around the Habs are also disproportionately francophone and not typically part of the Anglo-Canadian circles that dominate the show. Now none of this would matter if HN had decided to focus of professional sports broadcasting, period; but because their entire philosophy is predicated on sentimental, hayseed Canadian nationalism, the Habs slot awkwardly into their boosterish coverage. 

In Fairness, the show was in Montreal for the November 13th game when we played in Chicago, and it was the same type of coverage that night (ie Montreal centric)

The whole idea of the show is to focus on hockey in the community its being broadcast from, so I don't have a huge issue with it being Ottawa centric.  They already had their one game focused on Montreal.  The Ottawa local hockey stories at intermission are fine. 

Now, Gary Galley on the other hand, that guy is a tool, and biased in game.  Don't like him. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

all true... Gary Galley is anti-hab...but so are others eg. Nick Kypreos on sportsnet sheesh

Anyway for what its worth i prefer listening to Pierre Houde's game calling...he knows his Habs history, he always calls a good game, and he can be brutally honest when the Habs are not playing well...the rest of the RDS crowd however ...is a little (more than) loopy. Especially the AC crowd.  I get a kick outta PJ Stock butchering the language - but give him points for staying in there.  what's funny about PJ is that after years of being on the AC, his french is getting worse LOL...