Ottawa vs Montreal 7:30pm

Guest Stogey24

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

How is that not a penalty!

The Sens are starting to take liberties.  It's time for McCarron to go and do the only thing he seems to be good at, and start punching a face.

McCaron is scrappy but too slow, at least at this stage of his career.

Sens started that period well, and my feeling was that if the Habs could ride that out, we'd be very well placed, due to the Duffys playing their third in four nights. Mission accomplished, but it all goes poof if Price doesn't make that stellar toe stop late. One more goal and the Sens are toast.

10 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I could see Lehkonen turning it on in the playoffs.

I hope you're right but I could see him continuing to be quiet.  He's already at the point where he's hit a career in games played in a single season and that potential fatigue factor is always a concern for first year players coming from overseas (or the college ranks).  On the other hand, he really picked it up in the playoffs last year so maybe he can find another gear.

Guest Stogey24
6 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The Sens are starting to take liberties.  It's time for McCarron to go and do the only thing he seems to be good at, and start punching a face.

He's played 5:38. Not sure what you really expect from him. 

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I hope you're right but I could see him continuing to be quiet.  He's already at the point where he's hit a career in games played in a single season and that potential fatigue factor is always a concern for first year players coming from overseas (or the college ranks).  On the other hand, he really picked it up in the playoffs last year so maybe he can find another gear.

True. 

Radulov still looks pretty good, but I was kind of thinking the same thing with him. KHL only plays like 50 games a year? 

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If Hudon was called up I'd be in favor of sitting Lehkonen for a few games to see if he can get a mental reset.

Unfortunately, I don't want any of our current depth playing over Lehks. 

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, illWill said:

Everything out of Gary Galley's mouth indicates he bet his house against the Habs

I cannot stand him. 

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

King move like he hasn't sharpened his skates since the deadline. 

Doug Murray slow. 

That's twice now that Smith has taken liberties...McCarron needs to fill him in.  If he's not game, it's damn hard to justify him being in the lineup.

30 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He's played 5:38. Not sure what you really expect from him. 

In those 5:38+, he has looked slow and save one particuar shift, awkward with the puck.  I expect him to grab Smith and punch his face repeatedly.

Guest Stogey24
4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

That's twice now that Smith has taken liberties...McCarron needs to fill him in.  If he's not game, it's damn hard to justify him being in the lineup.

It's 3-1 and 9 minutes left. Why would he fight him? And Radulov punched Smith in the face. 

Mccarron has laid the body tonight and put a good move on Karlsson for a decent chance. 

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

It's 3-1 and 9 minutes. Why would he fight him? And Radulov punched Smith in the face. 

Mccarron...put a good move on Karlsson for a decent chance. 

That was the one...was a nice move.  And smashing Smith would be as much about the next game as anything.  I just think teams are far too comfortable bumping Price and going hard at our skilled players.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I personally don't want to see McCarron fighting on a regular basis. He's done more than enough of that in his time with the Habs. Takes its toll on the body and hopefully they see him as more than that as we took him in the first round.

18 minutes ago, illWill said:

Everything out of Gary Galley's mouth indicates he bet his house against the Habs

No kidding.  I think the 4 seasons he played for the Bruins proved his dislike for the Habs.  WHat's surprising is he was born in Montreal. 

Regardless, there are a lot of former NHL players in the area who can do a much, much better job than Galley! I cannot wait to see him cut loose.

10 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Doug Murray slow. 

Oh come on now, he's not *that* slow.  I think he's shown improvement since he first started actually, but he'll never compete with Byron. Mind you, he's about 70 pounds heavier than Byron too.  

Guest Stogey24
4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

That was the one...was a nice move.  And smashing Smith would be as much about the next game as anything.  I just think teams are far too comfortable bumping Price and going hard at our skilled players.

I hear ya for sure. And he'd kill him for sure. I'd rather not see him  break his hand on that clown.