Detroit vs Montreal 7:30pm

Guest Stogey24

2 hours ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

we all agree on one thing the kid can score.

The rumours are already starting re. Galchenyuk being traded this summer.   That would be a mistake...but hey, if PK can be traded anything is possible 

Rumours? Havent heard that.

But hey, many keep bitching about bargain bin Bergevin and all his bottom six deals. So another big trade is what some would love to see it seems, so that same group can then complain about that trade.

Come on down Matt Duchene...

2 hours ago, DON said:

Rumours? Havent heard that.

But hey, many keep bitching about bargain bin Bergevin and all his bottom six deals. So another big trade is what some would love to see it seems, so that same group can then complain about that trade.

Come on down Matt Duchene...

im serious Don...they did a whole 5 minute segment (690 AM) on trading him this summer...even Pierre chimed in...

I think after four years and two coaches its inevitable that trade rumours aregoing to start...but i think this kid can be a 25-30 goal scorer on the wing.  I watched the Penguins Islanders game and Kessel was a beast.  Potentially what #27 can become..

Galchenyuk is certainly a tradeable asset. I can see them trading him for a less productive player offensively who is better away from the puck. Such a trade would not improve our team, however, because it would strengthen us in one area (defensive play from C) while weakening us in another (offence), while continuing to leave us in a position where we're lamentably short of talent at C.

Equally likely is a trade that brings back a comparably productive C who is defensively superior, but a lot older (and more expensive). MB might well do this, since he is already 'all in' for winning the Cup within about a three year window, given Weber's age. And given that this year's team is probably a long-shot to win, he may be starting to get desperate.

The only trade we *should* be making would be of the first variety - for a defensively superior C with less offensive upside - that ALSO included a top-4 puck-moving defenceman. Such a trade would be a long shot for sure, but perhaps not impossible.

Given that MB's only blockbuster trade so far was a dumb-ass move that shortened our Cup window without improving the team overall, I'm not optimistic. But then again, maybe he is due for a home run,

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Galchenyuk is certainly a tradeable asset. I can see them trading him for a less productive player offensively who is better away from the puck. Such a trade would not improve our team, however, because it would strengthen us in one area (defensive play from C) while weakening us in another (offence), while continuing to leave us in a position where we're lamentably short of talent at C.

Equally likely is a trade that brings back a comparably productive C who is defensively superior, but a lot older (and more expensive). MB might well do this, since he is already 'all in' for winning the Cup within about a three year window, given Weber's age. And given that this year's team is probably a long-shot to win, he may be starting to get desperate.

The only trade we *should* be making would be of the first variety - for a defensively superior C with less offensive upside - that ALSO included a top-4 puck-moving defenceman. Such a trade would be a long shot for sure, but perhaps not impossible.

Given that MB's only blockbuster trade so far was a dumb-ass move that shortened our Cup window without improving the team overall, I'm not optimistic. But then again, maybe he is due for a home run,

^that...but does he need to trade Chucky to get what we need?  

He scores at centre... the obsession with moving him away from that position (A massive position of need) is dumb. 

I think that Julien knows this, and is just trying to get him going.  I fully believe he'll be at centre before the playoffs begin. 

4 hours ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

im serious Don...they did a whole 5 minute segment (690 AM) on trading him this summer...even Pierre chimed in...

I think after four years and two coaches its inevitable that trade rumours aregoing to start...but i think this kid can be a 25-30 goal scorer on the wing.  I watched the Penguins Islanders game and Kessel was a beast.  Potentially what #27 can become..

Which Pierre?

Anyways, I think Galchenyuk will sign a nice big contract with Habs this summer and be going nowhere.

There is NO upside to trading Galchenyuk. I don't care where he plays he is an offensive threat. I would like to see him at center but that is the coach's decision. How are you going to get more scoring by trading him? You are not.

5 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

The only return I'd want for Galchenyuk is John Tavares.  Period.

Even then, I want to be sure I can resign him