Detroit vs Montreal 7:30pm

Guest Stogey24

Guest Stogey24

Jeff Petry 4th in the league in turn overs. Thats telling you something when a player like Petry has the many turn overs. 

Just for shits, Weber is 17th and Subban in now 66th. That's for you Don. 

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

Jeff Petry 4th in the league in turn overs. Thats telling you something when a player like Petry has the many turn overs. 

Just for shits, Weber is 17th and Subban in now 66th. That's for you Don. 

Several Habs are always at the top of the list in turnovers regardless of whether they actually turn it over a lot or not thanks to Montreal's 'creative' statisticians.  (Unfortunately in Petry's case, it's justified that he's up there...)  Weber had 39 turnovers last year and 69 already this season.  He's handling the puck a bit more often this year but is he realistically on pace to at least double his giveaways?  Probably not.

On the good side, the PP looks a lot better tonight and the Habs were better in the 2nd.  They still need to find another gear if they want to get this one though.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
Just now, dlbalr said:

Several Habs are always at the top of the list in turnovers regardless of whether they actually turn it over a lot or not thanks to Montreal's 'creative' statisticians.  (Unfortunately in Petry's case, it's justified that he's up there...)  Weber had 39 turnovers last year and 69 already this season.  He's handling the puck a bit more often this year but is he realistically on pace to at least double his giveaways?  Probably not.

On the good side, the PP looks a lot better tonight and the Habs were better in the 2nd.  They still need to find another gear if they want to get this one though.

I just don't like Petry. I think he's overrated by Habs fans. Soo inconsistent 

5 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

Ok ...i.m gonna get hate for this but --- Danault is our #1 C...the chemistry is there with PAx and Rad...

Hate, shmate...#27 has been el stinko in his #1C audition lately.  He can stay on line 2...can't be experimenting this late in the season when points are so crucial.

That game was a total piss-off...a lot of sloppy hockey...no excuse for that this time of year.  Just when you think this team has gotten it's shit together...frustrating.

Montoya deserved better... so many amazing saves in OT and the Habs can't even register a shot. 

Also, Galchenyuk's first shift in OT was that last one where he looked silly with Mantha dancing around him. 

2 minutes ago, THE Bobby Orr said:

i just don't get #27...he looks lost out there.

Maybe he needs a stint on the wing on Line 2...SOMETHING has to change...he's been downright awful lately.

I hope Chuck can turn his stuff around for the playoffs we really need him to step up.

I like him but he isn't learning and I remember those fly by plays right at the beginning of the year and he is still doing them. Kind of sad to see that.

2 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

As others anticipated .. bit of  a let down after back to back Ottawa wins... :unsure:

Pretty understandable. 

Here's the thing though...you look at a team like Pittsburgh...and they aren't using the excuses to play a crap game.  A slew of injuries...comfortably in a playoff spot, but they keep on going out there and executing and winning.  This time of year, there shouldn't be 'letdown' games against teams you should be able to beat.

23 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The three forwards acquired at the deadline, combined.... 17 GP, 0 goals, 1 assist.

Thanks Marc, that was the extra scoring we needed. 

The silver lining is that if you decide to throw rotten eggs at them as they skate past, you won't have to lead them as much. Nice and slow. Perfect for egging. 

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

Maybe he needs a stint on the wing on Line 2...SOMETHING has to change...he's been downright awful lately.

He has 7 points in his last 10 games. Downright awful might be a slight exaggeration. 

• Upvote 1

Galchenyuk will never be a defensive player. Best to just accept it. That doesn't stop him from top line duty nor does it stop criticism. Just don't expect too much.

What was Shea doing? Did he think if he stared at Mantha long enough that Mantha would feel bad and just dump the puck?

2 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Galchenyuk will never be a defensive player. Best to just accept it. That doesn't stop him from top line duty nor does it stop criticism. Just don't expect too much.

What was Shea doing? Did he think if he stared at Mantha long enough that Mantha would feel bad and just dump the puck?

its not any one play...he simply can't center Max and Radu...he just does not set up Pax at all.  does not have very good vision...not good on face-offs.  That line is chasing the puck all the time instead of generating offense, I agree that Danault is not the answer but he's just a better center, better vision, very responsible without the puck, sets up his wingers, good in the face off circle.  .