Mar. 23, Hurricanes vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Another great performance, 

Eddie Lacke dominating the habs

Eddie lack? I thought it was Holtby. You mean the habs didn't just play Washington? Cuz they made that goalie look good. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

They don't play hard enough on most nights. 

They are very easy to play against. 

I thought all the new toughness and leadership MB brought in was supposed to address that:huh:

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

18 games 0 goals 1 assist from the trade deadline forwards. 

Hey, that's not important.  What's important is their big, physical, character guys, who bring leadership that was lacking.  They also don't do any over the top celebrations with the goalie, so we are MUCH better off.:blink:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Trizzak's stat says it all. , 70% of the games over the last 2 months they score 2 or less. 

It's last years with a better goalie

But with much more character and leadership.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Trizzak's stat says it all. , 70% of the games over the last 2 months they score 2 or less. 

It's last years with a better goalie

I didn't provide that stat, but thank you for thinking I bring more to this site than dank memes and mediocre comedy about hockey. 

• Upvote 3

The new guys do bring toughness, but it's only 3 guys per night. 

Benn has been very good, don't know what commondant is saying about goals by the new guys, Benn has 2. Then you have 2 4th liners in the line up at a time. 

They rest of the team minus Shaw are pretty soft, Gallagher can't even stay on his feet, he ;looks like DD out there. 

Benn doesnt play forward.  Im counting forwards acquired at the deadline.  My post specifically said trade deadline forwards.

And you are missing the point.  Which is not to criticize the players... but to criticize bergevin.  There was an obvious need for forwards who could add offence and he did nothing to address it.

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

It's all about Price and not much else. 

The only players i would protect would be

Price, Benn, Byron, Galchenyuk, Pacs and Radulov,

You wouldn't protect Weber?

• Upvote 1

Vegas wouldn't take the contract, i like him, 

but if that money came off the books you could upgrade the speed and puck moving on the back end. 

I like D as individuals, but as a group, they are really slow, don't move the puck well and lose a lot of battles in the corners and in front of Price

I think if Weber was available they would take him. I know a lot of people don't like him around here but he is a stud D man.

If the money came off the books you wouldn't be able to replace a guy like Weber. 

Our first pairing is doing just fine with Markov and Weber. Benn has solidified the third pairing. The only issue is our second pair with Petry struggling and not having a solid partner in Emilin. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
11 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I didn't provide that stat, but thank you for thinking I bring more to this site than dank memes and mediocre comedy about hockey. 

I provided it. I never get the credit I deserve around here :angry:

2 hours ago, Scott462 said:

I think if Weber was available they would take him. I know a lot of people don't like him around here but he is a stud D man.

If the money came off the books you wouldn't be able to replace a guy like Weber. 

Our first pairing is doing just fine with Markov and Weber. Benn has solidified the third pairing. The only issue is our second pair with Petry struggling and not having a solid partner in Emilin. 

People like weber

Weber is a very good defenceman and 100% vegas would take him if exposed.

Dont confuse people saying they prefer subban to weber to them saying that they dont like weber at all.  

I havent seen one person who thinks that weber isnt the best defenceman on the habs right now.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Exactly, you've explained it so many times. 

They showed a shot of Weber sitting on the bench after a shift, while four other defensemen on the bench were leaned over the boards trying to watch the play. Weber literally said two words and they all sat right down. It was pretty funny actually.

I know that sounds meaningless, but this guy does bring leadership and these guys listen to him when he wants to be heard. The problem is we lost the exact mould of #1 D-man in today's nhl, for a #1 of 10 years ago. 

I try not to get involved in these arguments, because the people who like the trade have every right to. Hell, it seemed like half the team was pretty happy to see Subban go, but I'll never swallow this one. We lost a one of a kind player in Subban, who was drafted by this organization and spinned heads with his play all the way up through the ranks. He just had too much pizazz for the old boys in Montreal. Damn shame 

Despite my unwarranted rep as a Weber hater, I think it would be clinically insane to leave him exposed. He's a legitimate #1 defenceman. Those don't grow on trees. Losing him would end any chance of winning a Cup for the foreseeable future, because teams don't win Cups when a 39-year-old Markov or else Jeff Petry are their top defenceman.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Despite my unwarranted rep as a Weber hater, I think it would be clinically insane to leave him exposed. He's a legitimate #1 defenceman. Those don't grow on trees. Losing him would end any chance of winning a Cup for the foreseeable future, because teams don't win Cups when a 39-year-old Markov or else Jeff Petry are their top defenceman.

Only an idiot would leave him exposed.  In an ideal world we'd have subban and weber.  If we were going to trade Subban, i would have preferred a Hall/Klefbom type of move - fill another hole and get back an inferior dman (who can at least move the puck) is better than leaving your lack of scoring hole and adding another hole with lack of mobility in the blue line.

If we don't go deep in the playoffs, i would explore trying to move Weber for a forward/dman combo.  I can't see the current roster going deep with the holes we have and weber isn't getting any younger.  

I want to see this line-up for a week..

Pacioretty Shaw Gallagher

Hudon Danault Radulov

Galchenyuk Plekanec Lehkonen

Byron Ott McCarron

19 hours ago, Commandant said:

People like weber

Weber is a very good defenceman and 100% vegas would take him if exposed.

Dont confuse people saying they prefer subban to weber to them saying that they dont like weber at all.  

I havent seen one person who thinks that weber isnt the best defenceman on the habs right now.

I know you guys don't hate Weber,  that was more a remark on how Weber is perceived in general around here because of the Subban trade and not to single any one out.

Also more of a response on leaving him exposed as if he doesn't mean anything to this hockey club.

13 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Only an idiot would leave him exposed.  In an ideal world we'd have subban and weber.  If we were going to trade Subban, i would have preferred a Hall/Klefbom type of move - fill another hole and get back an inferior dman (who can at least move the puck) is better than leaving your lack of scoring hole and adding another hole with lack of mobility in the blue line.

If we don't go deep in the playoffs, i would explore trying to move Weber for a forward/dman combo.  I can't see the current roster going deep with the holes we have and weber isn't getting any younger.  

Ya, I am sure Bergevin is just waiting to see how deep they go and if don't, will pull the trigger on a Weber trade.:sarcasm_on:

23 hours ago, Chris said:

Got ti, 

I'll criticize the players and MB, The lack of offensive talent is pathetic. 

I have said it for the past 4-5 y

Why would you keep repeating yourself for 4-5y?

Nothing positive to add, no new players you like, like coaching moves, prospects, etc...